Topic: PIANOTEQ VIDEO CONTEST 2015 - INSTRUCTIONS

PIANOTEQ VIDEO CONTEST 2015 - INSTRUCTIONS

Time for our yearly video contest! Here you can show the world what you can do with Pianoteq 5 in front of the camera. At the same time, you will get a chance to win a value coupon of up to 400 € for purchasing Pianoteq products in our online store.

As from today (October 1st) until October 31st, publish your own video on YouTube where you are using Pianoteq 5.
When your video is posted, announce it here:
http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?pid=939685

The contest is open to everyone. If you are not yet a registered Pianoteq user, you may use the latest trial version.

Rules:

• Only one entry per contestant is allowed.

• The video needs to be new, thus not published before October 1st 2015.

• You are allowed to use another instrument or voice alongside Pianoteq if you want.

• It needs to be clear on your video that you are using Pianoteq 5, either by showing the interface, talking about Pianoteq 5 or displaying Pianoteq 5 in text.

• All videos should be evaluated on the originality of the composition and/or the originality of the sound and/or the quality of the performance, with no specific priority between these three aspects.

• Voting starts on November 1st and ends on November 8th.

• Voting is open to everybody.

• Attempts to vote several times will disqualify the vote.

• Everybody who votes must pick 3 entries. The entry with the most votes will win.

• The winners will be announced on November 10th.

Prizes to win - value coupons, valid in our online store:
1st prize: 400 €
2nd prize: 300 €
3rd prize: 200 €
All remaining entries get: 20 €

Here you can find some tools for creating Youtube videos:
https://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/tools.html

You may find some inspiration from previous contests:
2012: http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?id=2583
2013: http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?id=3079
2014: http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?id=3659

If you have any question, just reply to this post.

Good luck!

Re: PIANOTEQ VIDEO CONTEST 2015 - INSTRUCTIONS

Ok, I'm extremely against this "open to everybody" voting system. It easily become a competition about who have the biggest quantity of friends on Facebook ready to vote for their buddy. Or such "open" voting system need to have some limitations. For example who and how can vote: forum members with no less than 10 posts or owners of any Pianoteq products; free form open voting system, everybody should see the way anybody voted, comments are welcome. Why open? Well, to prevent a dirty voting when you vote for a strong competitor (for yourself or your protege) and give the remaining two votes for some weak participants to vanish the real rivals numbers of votes. Or I'm ok about competent jury closed voting system.

Rules:

My question is is having 2 or more pieces played in a row in a video is still considered as one entry and is not against the rules?

Last edited by AKM (02-10-2015 06:03)

It is possible to join if my composition will be play notation or daw sequencer? I am not piano player and dont have good midi kontroler for piano.

Zem wrote:

It is possible to join if my composition will be play notation or daw sequencer? I am not piano player and dont have good midi kontroler for piano.

Yes, it is possible, at least there was several entries of such type in previous competitions.

Last edited by AKM (03-10-2015 09:46)

AKM wrote:

Ok, I'm extremely against this "open to everybody" voting system. It easily become a competition about who have the biggest quantity of friends on Facebook ready to vote for their buddy. Or such "open" voting system need to have some limitations. For example who and how can vote: forum members with no less than 10 posts or owners of any Pianoteq products; free form open voting system, everybody should see the way anybody voted, comments are welcome. Why open? Well, to prevent a dirty voting when you vote for a strong competitor (for yourself or your protege) and give the remaining two votes for some weak participants to vanish the real rivals numbers of votes. Or I'm ok about competent jury closed voting system.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. There are both advantages and disadvantages with the current rule. It worked rather nicely last year, and we hope the same this year. We do not necessarily apply the same rule every year, we will adjust it next year if necessary.

AKM wrote:

Rules:

My question is is having 2 or more pieces played in a row in a video is still considered as one entry and is not against the rules?

It will be counted as one entry.

A video with only one or several static fotos showing Pianoteq + the sound, is it enough?

stamkorg wrote:

A video with only one or several static fotos showing Pianoteq + the sound, is it enough?

If there are several, yes.

Hi,

I uploaded my video this morning. I wonder whether I am allowed to send the link for the video to my friends and to social sites like Twitter and Facebook and to other forums that I participate in.

Thanks,

Pedro

pedroke wrote:

Hi,

I uploaded my video this morning. I wonder whether I am allowed to send the link for the video to my friends and to social sites like Twitter and Facebook and to other forums that I participate in.

Thanks,

Pedro

Yes, that is fine. Good luck.

It is OK to post video in 31.october?

Zem wrote:

It is OK to post video in 31.october?

Yes. We close for new entries when the voting begins, on Sunday 1 Nov at 9am CET (Central European Time).

Again me.

Now when the voting is going to start, may I upload the video to other sites like Daily Motion?

Cheers,

Pedro

Dear guys @ pianoteq.

I don't understand why my entry doesn't show up at the contest voting site.
Do you guys make a pre-selection, and if so, why didn't mine qualify?

So we have the voting page already and it would be cool if we'll be warned in advance that the text we put in our entry thread post will be on an actual vote page. I have some links in my entry post and they was just copy-pasted without actual links or whatever - it does not look nice at all.

If it possible exchange it please with just this:

F. Chopin — Valse Op. 64. No. 1
F. Chopin — Nocturne Op. 48 No. 2
F. Chopin — Etude Op. 25. No. 9

Performed by Andrei Kuznetsov

Last edited by AKM (01-11-2015 12:57)

Joris van de Kerkhof wrote:

Dear guys @ pianoteq.

I don't understand why my entry doesn't show up at the contest voting site.
Do you guys make a pre-selection, and if so, why didn't mine qualify?

It does appear on the page, maybe there was a temporary issue.

AKM wrote:

So we have the voting page already and it would be cool if we'll be warned in advance that the text we put in our entry thread post will be on an actual vote page. I have some links in my entry post and they was just copy-pasted without actual links or whatever - it does not look nice at all.

If it possible exchange it please with just this:

F. Chopin — Valse Op. 64. No. 1
F. Chopin — Nocturne Op. 48 No. 2
F. Chopin — Etude Op. 25. No. 9

Performed by Andrei Kuznetsov

OK, I will ask out webmaster to edit this for you.

pedroke wrote:

Again me.

Now when the voting is going to start, may I upload the video to other sites like Daily Motion?

Cheers,

Pedro

Yes, that is fine.

I'm sorry. I spoke to soon .