Topic: Pianoteq video contest 2013 - the winning entries

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all of you who participated in the Pianoteq video contest 2013! Similar to last year's contest, we are very happy with the high quality of the videos and for that reason give value coupons of 20 € each (instead of 10 € each) to those participants who did not win.

The winning entries:

1.    Phil Best on Pianoteq
       by Phil Best
       400 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o5H-P9cDog

2.     Scenery
        by Erik Frémont
        300 € value coupon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqR1iV4ornY

3.    Pianoteq Diversity
        by Perry D'Armond
       200 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl2QIvwfdus

and... (shared)

3.    Pianoteq 4 ImprovisationsMedley
       by Andreas Bergh
       200 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtWW-DViVj8

and... (shared)

3.     The Prayer (Piano Solo)
        by Roger Cheng
        200 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sROkY5X5WTU

Value coupons of 20 € will be sent to the following contestants: (mentioned in no particular order)
Éric Tremblay, Stephane Nicault, Stig-Göran Wistbacka, Isabelle Martinie-Da Silva, Shawn Morris, R. Laudi, Ian Rutherford, Michael Winthrop, Dan Frunza, Christopher Mark, Jack Francis, Robert Karasek, Matt Leonard Price, Hans Holema, António Machado, Paolo Tomè.

Thank you all!

Re: Pianoteq video contest 2013 - the winning entries

Wow! You make me happy!
Thank You!!!!

/ Andreas

Last edited by berghs.kedjan (20-11-2013 17:50)

Sweet!!   Absolutely made my day.      Thank you!

-Perry-

Congratulations to the winners!  Pianoteq is amazing(thanks for the 20€ coupon.) It is cool, that Modartt give us the possibility to have fun and be excited about that amazing sound of Pianoteq product and show what we can do.. I am passionated. I feel an incredible enthusiasm, loving it, those magical sounds. But, there is one more thing. Music is indeed magic, and Pianoteq is too. In my opinion it stands at the very top of the soon overcrowded pianosounds. Pick some chords and you sound, if not like a pro, like you have played for years. I am surprised how  expressive it is. Looking forward to next year.
Thank you,Modartt!

Stig-Göran Wistbacka

This is so great !!! thank you so much : ) Christmas in november !!!
Good job everyone, there was some pretty good videos I enjoyed watching : )

made my day too, thank you Niclas and the Pianoteq team !   

Erik

Thanks for putting on the contest.  I enjoyed getting ready and being part of it.  Congratulations to the winners.

Thank you so much! The first thing I did today was read the email telling me I'd won. What a great way to start the day! I'm over the moon!

I enjoyed watching the other entries very much and am quite surprised and delighted to have been selected. Thank you Niclas and everyone at Pianoteq!

Phil

Thanks for your feedback, and again, for your video entries! It was a really tough competition this year and not always easy to decide the winners (that is why we let 3 contestants share the third prize). You are all very welcome to participate in the contest next year! I have now sent the coupon codes by email to everyone who participated successfully.

Thank you for this competition.  It was an awesome experience overall and it certainly generated a lot of excitement!  I greatly enjoyed watching the entries as they were posted.

I am so grateful for your products.  With Pianoteq, it is so easy for me to forget about the piano and lost myself in the music.  This is not possible with sample-based piano libraries.  Hugh Sung described it best, sample-based libraries offers "exquisitely recorded piano sounds completely divorced from any real interaction or control of the sound."  This morning I tried to play the same song for the competition using my sample-based library and no matter how hard I tried, I just could not get into it.  When I switched back to Pianoteq, again I am able to be totally absorbed into the music.

I hope more and more people discover Pianoteq!

Roger

Great stuff here...I better practice and enter next time

I would like to ask Phil Best about the sound set ut he used to create this vídeo.
If was direct piano sound recorded from file, or a quality mic recording from the monitor, a blend of both etc...

And I'm curious about the basic criterion order used to judge the vídeos.  Presentation/ talking about pianoteq, quality of playing, sound quality of the recording, aesthetic of vídeo edition... ?

Last edited by Beto-Music (24-11-2013 16:21)

Beto-Music wrote:

And I'm curious about the basic criterion order used to judge the vídeos.  Presentation/ talking about pianoteq, quality of playing, sound quality of the recording, aesthetic of vídeo edition... ?

Regarding exactly how we judged the videos, there are many factors involved. You are welcome
contacting us directly if you would like to discuss it further.

I remember seeing somewhere on the forum that a new video contest will happen in 2014 around the end of the year, but i don't see any topic about it. will it happen or not ? or maybe i missed the topic ? Thanks !

May the music be with you !

martyprod wrote:

I remember seeing somewhere on the forum that a new video contest will happen in 2014 around the end of the year, but i don't see any topic about it. will it happen or not ? or maybe i missed the topic ? Thanks !

We will launch the 2014 Pianoteq video contest in a few weeks. You are very welcome participating then. More details about the contest will come later.

Niclas Fogwall wrote:
martyprod wrote:

We will launch the 2014 Pianoteq video contest in a few weeks. You are very welcome participating then. More details about the contest will come later.

Thanks for the answer !

May the music be with you !