Topic: Pianoteq Video Contest 2019 - The winning entries

https://www.forum-pianoteq.com/img/contest-winners-2019.jpg

Hi everyone,

What an amazing video contest we had this year, with as many as 65 entries!
Thank you all who participated, and of course everyone who watched and voted.
The votes were this year given by a small voluntary jury and the public.

The winning entries:

1.   "The Place where the lost Things go" - Cover by Eddie Nuenning
      by Keytar61
      400 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIdN6DxDGjQ

2.   "In the wind"
      by Filip
      300 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udJHkdlfCN0

3. (shared) rOz plays Lulli's "Courante"
      by rOz
      200 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQn36UQwaFk

3. (shared) David Izquierdo improvises "Ochi chornie (Очи чёрные)" & "Kalinka (Калинка)"/Tetris theme
     by davidizquierdo82
     200 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiW6sYgOtfY

The complete results and all the entries are available here.

Value coupons will be sent to all contestants within a few days.

It has been great fun as always. Thank you all!

Re: Pianoteq Video Contest 2019 - The winning entries

Congratulations to the winners and to all participants who used their amazing creativity! And thanks to everyone listening to my music ”Chloe’s dream”. It was a great contest and I enjoyed the fascinating ways that was used with Pianoteq. For me, it was the seventh time in the contest and I have never won a value coupon, and not among the twelve best this year either. But, I am glad and feel like Chloe in my entry. Can’t be a pianist, apparently can’t win a value coupon in these video contests, but it don’t bother me. Because, I can make some people enjoying listening to what I play, and that’s nice. So I’m already waiting for next years contest. And thank you very much Modartt, for these Ptq video contests every year in this wonderful, inspiring forum.

It was such great fun to participate!!  This program that aWc showed me is INSANELY addictive!
Congratulations to the winners (wOw! Trophies with our names....I'm giddy and uncaffeinated still!)
Keytar61's piece moved me, and with my back turned I couldn't tell it was his guitar controller!
There were many great performances and I've learned so much from Pianoteq!
I look forward to hearing and reading y'aLL in future forums.

Congrats to Keytar61 and thanks to everybody who voted.
Such a great diversity in all videos, it was really inspiring.
I found this competition in October just when I was thinking how can I get those other wonderful sounds from Pianoteq :-)
So thank you very much :-)

Congratulations! to the excellent finalists and all who entered, it was an inspiring and amazing event.

Everyone should be very proud of their entry, they make up a sincerely terrific body of varied and interesting works and ideas

@Eddie - This goes without saying really, your use of the guitar controller and your skills there are so interestingly combined in a fine take and like mentioned above by rOz, I too was hooked on the fact that listeners might not realise it's not played on a keyboard. Really a consummate performance with a super interesting twist.

@Filip - Creatively generating a visual from the musical mood, edited up to evoke a sweet snapshot of a time and place - unique and a delightful impression. If only my mornings could all feel this way.

@rOz - So much to enjoy, interesting and such wonderful skill. Really was a treat to see 3 instruments played and sounding so enjoyable, along with the thoughtful use of images. Gives shape to the concept of Pianoteq as an historic library of pianos with great creative vision and superb playing. aWc gets a round of applause too.

@Pianoteqenthusiast - Must say your story of Chloe is beautiful (I felt it so moving) - the idea that Pianoteq allows her dream to play pianos a reality is filmic and really was much loved. Your musical journey in the last few years positively touches me, like the story of Chloe - and I'm so happy to have experienced both the entry and your music on the Recordings Featuring Pianoteq forum - we all can keep that dream alive through the story of Chloe and I thank you, not least for the gift of that touching moment when I realised just how much of a very precious message you had made. Be very proud

The many others who entered each deserve praise - I'm sure that without taking anything away from the finalists, many of you also were certainly no less appreciated and enjoyed here. From seriously brilliant performances, charming ideas, improvs, mixing it up with fascinating experiments - thank you all! and to Modartt for such a joy.

Pianoteq Studio Bundle (Pro plus all instruments)  - Kawai MP11 digital piano - Yamaha HS8 monitors

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Congratulations to the winners and to all participants who used their amazing creativity! And thanks to everyone listening to my music ”Chloe’s dream”. It was a great contest and I enjoyed the fascinating ways that was used with Pianoteq. For me, it was the seventh time in the contest and I have never won a value coupon, and not among the twelve best this year either. But, I am glad and feel like Chloe in my entry. Can’t be a pianist, apparently can’t win a value coupon in these video contests, but it don’t bother me. Because, I can make some people enjoying listening to what I play, and that’s nice. So I’m already waiting for next years contest. And thank you very much Modartt, for these Ptq video contests every year in this wonderful, inspiring forum.

Whenever I remember this year's contest, the first thing that come to my mind will be Chloe's dream -- the very first entry of the competition and a video that spoke to my heart as someone who plays the piano.

Congratulations to all the winners and participants!!! I enjoyed the videos so much.

Last edited by lo134 (19-11-2019 20:26)

Congratulations to the winners and Thank You for this years competition!

Last edited by berghs.kedjan (19-11-2019 20:45)

Congratulations to all participants for their inspiring and uplifting input, which I enjoyed immensely - what a great event this has been - and of course a big thank you to all the kind people who voted for my video!
It is a great step for me to finally be able to accompany my singing with wonderful pianosounds and even do it in my upcoming live guitar shows. Thanks a lot to the fine Pianoteq-team for your vision and the prize - all this is a dream come true for me!
Kindest regards from a blessed keytarist.

Thanks to all who participated for brightening all our days - your variety of offerings is far beyond what I would have expected:  Original music, interpreted music, video, piano and music teaching, egg-slicer simulation, and more - just fabulous!

- David

Thanks Qexl for the good words. I am so happy for Rosanne...I wish more women would get on board with Pianoteq. Most of my favorite pianists are women (Beatrice Rana, Alice Sara-Ott, Hélène Grimaud, Yuja Wang, etc). Thanks to all participants for their passion. Great job by the jury and public (Keytar61 is very deserving!) and Qexl, you are the spirit of Pianoteq!

PT 7.3 with Steinway B and D, U4 upright, YC5, Bechstein DG, Steingraeber, Ant. Petrov, Kremsegg Collection #2, Electric Pianos and Hohner Collection. http://antoinewcaron.com

Congratulations to all participants, and thanks to Moddart for offering us, a year again, a surprising and amazingly creative video contest ...

Bruno

4 very worthy winners! This year there were many enjoyable entries, and it's been a great pleasure watching and listening, as well as participating. Congratulations to all.

A great big congratulations to every winner. Well done!!!

Warmest regards,

Chris

James Cameron decided that Oscars became somewhat boring and decided to try different challenges.

Huge congratulations to this year's winners.