Topic: Vesuvius for Piano and Violin

Hi all,

I'm new to Pianoteq, having just purchased it this week and I must say, it has definitely been an incredible experience playing with it thus far.  I wrote a piece for violin and piano, a richly romantic, and virtuosic piece entitled, Vesuvius.

The Piano setting is the classical recording BA, with the instrument condition slider one notch from "new".  Beyond that, it no further adjustments were made.  All midi was performed in to my sequencer (Cubase) and I used MirPro from Vienna as my reverb.

Hope you'll enjoy and look forward to hearing your thoughts!

http://www.maestroscorner.com/audio/forum/vesuvius.mp3

Cheers!

David Carovillano

www.DavidCarovillano.com - concert music by David Carovillano
www.Acclarion.ca - accordion and clarinet duo

Re: Vesuvius for Piano and Violin

Welcome David to the forum, and thank you very much for posting this beautiful composition! I enjoyed it very much.

What did you use for the violin?

Violin to me sounds very convincing, almost as if it's played live. Only a few spots sound a bit sore/unconvincing. If that's samples, I'm interested as well, ahaha. Could be AudioModeling's violin, perhaps?

Last edited by EvilDragon (12-03-2018 10:11)
Hard work and guts!

That is really outstanding -

Lanny

Thanks, guys, for your kind words!  The violin is Joshua Bell from Embertone.  I found that despite the more intuitive performance of the instrument, it still requires a lot of midi massaging to get satisfactory results...but, it's totally worth it

David

You massaged it really really well, then!

I like Virharmonic's Bohemian Violin a lot, because it requires extremely little massaging

Last edited by EvilDragon (12-03-2018 17:12)
Hard work and guts!

Quite fantastic and expressive.  And timeless in its style (well, sounds turn-of-the-prior-century, at least!).

Strong work.

- David

After those delightful 6'21, I was surprised not to hear any applause !

What can I say?  You've all been so kind and your positive comments mean so much to me.  Thank you!

David
p.s.  EvilDragon, I've heard good things about the Bohemian Violin and will check it out...I'm always looking to improve workflow and midi editing tasks.

Last edited by dearvillain (12-03-2018 22:17)