Topic: Hammond Organ

Hi,

it would be great to have a physical model of the Hammond Organ as well, which I think it is much easier to model compared to a Grand Piano. Is there any plan to implement this instrument in the future?
There are other plugins which altready emulate it, but I think Moddart could really add something to the market, as far as the sound quality and the playability are concerned. Not mentioning how nice would be to to switch between Pianos, EPs and a rotary organ within the same plugin.

Any thoughts? Would you be interested in an instrument pack containing, for example, a B3?

How to play piano in 3 weeks. Be a pianist, wait 3 weeks, play.

Re: Hammond Organ

I don't think that'll happen, there are plenty of great emulations out there already. Top being GSi VB3 and GG-Audio Blue3.

Hard work and guts!

GSi VB3 being the entry level Hammond.
I’ve got several Hammond Emulations, GG Audio being the best.
Also have an excellent hardware module called the HX-3.
Blue3 is really top shelf though.

How about a PTeq Pipe Organ.....

Hardware Analog, DSP, PhysMod. VSTi Romplers....

teamsterjim wrote:

How about a PTeq Pipe Organ.....

Did you notice the Organteq alpha? https://www.modartt.com/organteq

I personally use NI Vintage Organs (which is sampled, not modelled); it sounds much more organic and natural to me compared to the GG.
Anyway, I still hope Moddart will implement a rotary organ in their library. It is true that there are already some good choices, but this was true also for the EPs.

Egh, NI's Vintage Organs doesn't have a very good Leslie at all. And it's much more resource intensive than Blue3. I still love VB3 because it just has that very ballsy overdrive, great for rock, but GG's Blue3 is definitely the best overall virtual Hammond organ.

I suggest to Modartt not to waste time with Hammonds, work on Organteq and Pianoteq and that's plenty enough.

Hard work and guts!

I've just discovered Acoustic Samples' B5 and I'm very impressed. It sounds much more natural than all the other plugins I've tried, and also the Leslie is a joy to hear. I think I'm going to sell vintage organs...

EvilDragon wrote:

I don't think that'll happen, there are plenty of great emulations out there already. Top being GSi VB3 and GG-Audio Blue3.

Yes, but modartt is awesome and fully supports SCALA tuning, modifying harmonics, and a plethora of power tools that no one else has.

I originally found pianoteq because I needed fully retunable modelled instruments to play along with my physical fretless instruments. I originally needed a B3, and had to make one myself in PureData.

Modelling a tonewheel organ has to be much simpler than a piano since it's an electrical circuit with no velocity info...

I would actually buy organteq if it had a b3 in it (and supported scala!)

I also wish modartt and Universal Audio would have a quarantine baby and put pianoteq on the apollos.... dream.

nofrets wrote:

I also wish modartt and Universal Audio would have a quarantine baby and put pianoteq on the apollos.... dream.

Good synopsis of an horror movie.

"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

Chopin87 wrote:
nofrets wrote:

Good synopsis of an horror movie.

Well, I wonder what could be done in Pianoteq if it could make use of the extra processors in an Apollo. A modelled attack, possibly, and thus more user control over attack transients? More modeling of the interior of the piano, so that all of the reflected sounds coming towards the player could be modelled?

EvilDragon wrote:

[SNIP]

I suggest to Modartt not to waste time with Hammonds, work on Organteq and Pianoteq and that's plenty enough.

I'd second this opinion.
The challange of emulating the the B3 has been solved close to perfection by KeyboardPartner.de (Carsten Meyer) with HX-3 in hardware on an FPGA chip, featuring minimum latency. Against this competition, Modartt (and even Hammond-Suzuki) could only struggle. If technicly possible, maybe they could licenence the code, for running it on a normal CPU of a PC? But I doubt, this would make anything more affordable or more simple.

For the HX3 box, you just need to attach the HX-3 to your MIDI-controller, done.

Recently KeyboardPartner published an example for an affordable solution for the HX-3:
https://youtu.be/VaGs1uQEKUw

Please also take into consideration, that the keyboard action for a Hammond & Organ and a Piano are completely different.
Therefore it would make only sense for me, to combine OrganTeq and HX-3 with a controller unit for organs,
(e.g. something like the Nord C2D, or an UHL X4-V2, )
whereby using PianoTeq with a controller keyboard with a more realistic piano action.

HTH

IK Multimedia aleeady has a gorgeous physically modeled Hammond B-3X - authorized by Hammond.

It’s a good companion to Pianoteq, Lounge Lizard and the other IKMM modeled instrument MODO BASS.

Aaaaaaaand ... there is a version of the Hammond B-3X that runs on the iPad (hint - hint - super hint!!!!!!!)

Take a listen sound to the Hammond it is quite good.

Hammond B-3X
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/hammondb3x/

Last edited by Groove On (01-05-2020 11:45)

VB3-II and Blue3 are better.

Hard work and guts!