Topic: NAMM 2018 Winter in Anaheim

Anyone else going? My 6 th year (I think) going. Usually RainSong Guitars gets me in but this year BlackBird Guitars is getting me in... I get to play many great pianos and see and hear many talented musicians...and play guitars and everything I guess..

Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

Re: NAMM 2018 Winter in Anaheim

I have not been to the Anaheim NAMM in several years.  One of the highlights of my visit was the ability to sit at and play a multitude of very high-end pianos, that have been tuned and regulated by the best technicians available.

Cheers,

Joe

I don't think I'm talented enough to go, lol. I understand it's more for professionals. It would be nice to go, I live about 10 miles away.

I'm curious to learn about the new Hybrid pianos coming, e.g., the Yamaha N2X and Kawai Novus NV10. I think they will be shown at NAMM.

Talent has nothing to do with it... its a trade show.. you get to try cool stuff,,, hear great musicians.. great concerts going on outside and the 2 hotels right there have concerts all day

Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

+1 to Mr. Kramster's reply

I hear, they are opening up admission, at least on some days, to 'non-industry people'. If I was in the area, I would definitely go and play some high end pianos - that would be fun!

Osho

I would love to get my paws on that Ravenscroft-ized Kawai VPC1.

Played the Ravenscroft today... I hung around a few hours and heard some really fine playing... classical and improv jazz ... a lot of the jazz stuff was played as duet type things on the 2  Ravenscrofts ... a videoed some of it... I'll do it up and post on my YouTube channel and link...

Last edited by Kramster1 (27-01-2018 04:43)