Topic: Streaming Pianoteq via Skype while mixing in voice recording

Hello.

I am traveling quite a lot and take a stage piano with me when I leave home. To continue my piano lessons, my teacher offers lessons via Skype.

What I have been busy unsuccessfully for some time now: My Midi keyboard is connected through a MIDI2USB adaptor to my laptop. On my laptop I am running Pianoteq 6. I have a USB headset (a cheap one, if I get it working, I will buy a nice one). So in my headspeaker I want to hear what I play on Pianoteq AND what is coming in via skype. At the same time everything that I play and everything that gets picked up by the microphone of my headset must be sent to my teacher.

Does anyone have any idea, how to set this up?

Cheers
Thorsten

Re: Streaming Pianoteq via Skype while mixing in voice recording

While this isn't exactly what you want, check out the program, InternetMIDI:

https://timewarptech.com/shop/music-sof...rnet-midi/

It fills many of your needs.

- David

dklein wrote:

While this isn't exactly what you want, check out the program, InternetMIDI:

https://timewarptech.com/shop/music-sof...rnet-midi/

It fills many of your needs.

Tanks but no, that does not help. The only reason In own a midi keyboard is because I travel a lot. At home I use a "real" piano. An my teacher sits at a 190cm grand piano. No way to connect that to my stage piano over the internet.

You can send the output from pianoteq directly to skype with your mic output over it. I've set this up in the past on a Mac very successfully with the receiver hearing Pianoteq perfectly. They hear it directly, not via your Mic.

The program that I used on the Mac to do this was called Loopback. It worked great. Someone here mentioned a similar program for windows a few months back, but I never tried it.

Here's some text from the Loopback setup help to get the idea (replace iTunes with Pianoteq):

"Configuring a virtual device which aggregates multiple audio sources is easy too. Just add the audio sources you intend to use with it. Here you can see a virtual audio device called “Mic & iTunes” which pulls audio from both iTunes and a USB microphone. We'll set the “Mic & iTunes” device as our input in Skype. When we do, the other caller will hear both vocals (from our microphone) and music (from iTunes)."

This is precisely what I wish to do also.

I could use a bit more detail on how this might be done in Windows 10.

First off ... I need to know how to set up an audio device called "Mic and Pianoteq" that I can assign as my input device in Skype.

My "Mic" will be the Logitech Pro 9000 webcam device.

I also have to know what TYPE of device that will be because Skype also asks for that information.

Anyone ?

Last edited by ddascher (03-02-2018 05:30)

I don't have a working solution for this on Windows, but I think you need audio routing software similar to the Loopback application described above for Mac OS. You could try http://sar.audio/ for Windows. You'll also need DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software an ASIO driver to go with it. I'll have a play myself when I get a chance.

Last edited by grazie (04-02-2018 14:02)

Grazie:   Thanks for the response.

Please do not work on it for my sake.

Your response has already nixed it for me.

It is not that important to me to go down that road.

I was hoping (silly, I know) for simpler.

Thanks Again.

Last edited by ddascher (04-02-2018 17:05)

It may well be useful to me too, so I will try it if and when I get an opportunity. Although, the last time I tried using the Skype application on Windows it wouldn't work so had to use the web client, which was fine.