Topic: Pianoteq on ASUS Tinkerboard

I purchased an ASUS Tinkerboard to load pianoteq on it and I am completely confounded on how to do it. I am using the default tinkerboard operationg system. I have the pianoteq linux files on it but I am unable to open the program. In fact there are three versions and I do not even know which version I need to use for the tinkerboard as it is not any of the listed processors, it is a rockchip RK3288 Cortex-A17 so which version of pianoteq am I supposed to use? When I try to open any of the tree versions I get little squares and the letters ELF. I have no idea what to do. Is there anybody that has done this and could at least point me in the right direction? I was told by pianoteq that the program works on the tinkerboard.

Re: Pianoteq on ASUS Tinkerboard

In linux version, extract arm binary file... I have only tested on a Raspberry, it runs ok.
I did not run on an odroid xu4

Try opening a terminal, going into de folder that contains the executable and run it by typing ./pianoteq
(where you should replace pianoteq for the complete file name)

Last edited by marcos daniel (01-01-2018 22:30)
Pianoteq Pro - Bechstein - Blüthner - Grotrian - K2 - Kremsegg 1 & 2 - Petrof - Steingraeber - Steinway B & D - YC5
Kawai CL35 & MP11

I'd really like to know how Pianoteq runs on the Tinkerboard, and know more about the quality of Tinkerboard's built-in DAC/audio-output. Does anyone has to share some experiences?

Thanks
-- erik

Hi roger2600,
you definitely need the version from the 'arm' folder. ELF error points to a mismatch of the running architecture, so probably your os is 64 bit (aarch64) and you need to manually install the necessary 32bit libraries (armhf) for running pianoteq. I did the same on an Odroid C2, you can find my instructions and the list of needed 32bit libraries: http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?id=5387