Topic: Wishes for the next versions (PTQ 7.x.x - 8.x.x)

On the eve of the New Year I want to make a wish for Santa Claus for the next issues of Pianoteq. What can be improved? Of course, much depends on the performance of the computer, but you need to dream!
So, I would like (in order of importance ..):

1. Improvements in the interstring impedance. It seems to me that there are still moments for improvement in the interaction of strings in one note and the strings of nearby notes. Interactions on the shtega. (if here it is deliberately reduced to be able to play on modern computers, then .. well, what to do .. wait ..) maybe in this moment this enchanting and flickering piano sound hides. In this video example, he clearly comes up with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KQW2YnCUrE

Yes, Pianoteq gradually fits into this ..

2 and 3. Clarify the behavior of notes depending on the velocity and the width of the unison. When I was recording a piano with different settings for unison (in this post: http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic...19#p950619 )it seemed that the behavior of the note is more diverse depending on the tuning of the width of the unison. Unison gives either electric and flat, short and blunt, spatial and singing, voluminous and flickering .. here Pianoteq is a bit modest. And the dependence on speed is more uneven. It feels like it sometimes happens that for a low velocity you need some parameters of decay and behavior of strings, and for high velocity a little different. Perhaps you need some special curves for the interaction of the available parameters from velocity.

4. Realistic sound of parking dampers. While the dampener sounds like paper. Not enough felt body ..

5. Morphing of the available parameters in real time. Some parameters emit a crackle in the sound as they change. There are interruptions in sound when moving eg microphones. Perhaps it would be nice to be able to move microphones, change many parameters and settings directly on the sound without interruption and distortion. Perhaps it is extremely difficult, but we dream). Perhaps a smooth morph between instruments A and B.

6. Additional file to the midi in which the information about the instrument and about the changes of the instrument parameters during the game are recorded. As for example in the program Lightroom from Adobe. Only with the preservation of the history of changes in time and the ability to apply them when listening to the midi. You can call them automation.

And what would you like?

Re: Wishes for the next versions (PTQ 7.x.x - 8.x.x)

I only want one feature, and it outweighs all others by far for me: an iOS version of Pianoteq.

I actually think it will happen this year. Modartt has Pianoteq running on the ARMv8-A 64-bit ISA for the Raspberry Pi, which is the same ISA used for iOS since the iPhone 5S and iPad Mini 2. Plus, recent rumors suggest Apple's "Marzipan" project will allow a larger shared codebase between iOS and Mac apps: https://www.macrumors.com/2017/12/20/ap...-mac-apps/

That will probably help iOS developers move their apps to the Mac more than the other way 'round, but it would like make billing and UI easier for Modartt if/when they create a universal app.

tfort wrote:

I only want one feature, and it outweighs all others by far for me: an iOS version of Pianoteq

Yes please. Same for me. This is the one thing that is the biggest barrier to Pianoteq - a simple, reliable, and very-portable hardware platform. I really dislike being tethered to my laptop.

The iPad already compliments so many setups it’s perfect for Pianoteq. But honesty any supported ultra-portabledevice with a Pianoteq Performance Index of 30+.

Last edited by Groove On (28-12-2017 16:49)

Groove On wrote:

This is the one thing that is the biggest barrier to Pianoteq - a simple, reliable, and very-portable hardware platform.

*ahem* Surface *ahem*

Already works on it

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:
Groove On wrote:

This is the one thing that is the biggest barrier to Pianoteq - a simple, reliable, and very-portable hardware platform.

*ahem* Surface *ahem*

Already works on it

Years ago I used to hope that the hardware simply rang the popular OSs that could take all of the popular software without the need of a computer. That's when I only had a GEM rx-p with a Fatar Studiologic VMK-188 Plus midi keyboard or only using soundfonts via the software that came with the computer. The software world has changed considerably since then. I'm always impressed at the demands on software developers.

Recently quite by chance I came across an amazing book.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JJ9GG...ref=plSrch

And in the Russian version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073JNJL...ds=строгац

A tremendous study of interactions that permeate all areas of nature. From the microcosm to the macrocosm, in animate and inanimate nature. The principles of self-organization of chaos are revealed. Since the piano is a model of a small universe, it is definitely in it that all its constituent elements are interconnected by their resonances. The book describes research on the search for laws of such interactions.
Since the awareness of images in the brain and thinking also uses the principles of synchronization, then we are sensitive to these phenomena. I think this is the foundation of the "living, natural, natural" con "artificial and contrived." Synthesis must follow these principles. Then you can get incredible truthfulness. Let with fewer elements and some simplifications, but strictly according to the laws of interactions and synchronism.

Last edited by scherbakov.al (22-01-2018 13:33)