Topic: PTQ6 Arm version on a Pi3

Has anyone got this working successfully on a Pi3 with a sound card? If so this would be amazing.

If yes then pls recommend a sound card. I'm wondering whether a standard £30 DAC hat would work or if there would be latency issues.

Re: PTQ6 Arm version on a Pi3

There is an in-depth tutorial on how to do it that you can download from Pianoteq. Here's the link:
Pianoteq_RaspberryPi3_v3.pdf
The link can be also found in
https://www.pianoteq.com/faq
under the question "How do I install Pianoteq on Raspberry Pi 3?"
The tutorial shows how to achieve higher internal sampling rates (48KHz or 44.1KHz). I am currently running Pianoteq 6 on my Raspberry Pi 3 at an internal sampling rate of 48KHz.
Have fun!

I've tested it for a while, it runs but only if you don't play many notes... it overloads the cpu easily.
Perfomance index of about 10 or something like that. A friend of mine has an ODROID (I don't remember the model), I will try pianoteq on it to see if it works...
Greetings

Last edited by marcos daniel (13-11-2017 18:22)

Did you try overclocking the Raspberry Pi 3? There is a section on the tutorial that talks about overclocking the Raspberry Pi 3. Also, play around with the Polyphony number. I currently have mine at 48 and it sounds just fine.

Last edited by Edgar (13-11-2017 19:52)

Edgar, you have to work with a buffer setting of 2048 samples ?
I´d guess that could kill  some rasperry PI3 plans for some people for now.

That Rasperry PI3 tutorial is from you ?
Much Thanks then !

probably mention the best possible buffer size setting on page one or so.
could safe some people some time........

Edgar wrote:

Did you try overclocking the Raspberry Pi 3? There is a section on the tutorial that talks about overclocking the Raspberry Pi 3. Also, play around with the Polyphony number. I currently have mine at 48 and it sounds just fine.

No, I didn't, perhaps I will try this later, but I have just a small heatsink, what perfomance did you get?