Topic: roland fp 90 - mono sound on its speakers - pls help

Hello!

I'm quite a noob regarding technology so I have an issue. I've just bought a Roland fp-90 and was also considering buying Pianoteq.
BUT, while using the trial version (stage) when i try to use my digital piano's speakers(via cable) the sound comes just in one speaker...and also very low.
I also tried to render the sound from the PC to the Piano using the Bluetooth function but also unsuccessfully. (actually i don't think pianoteq has bluetooth implemented yet)

any suggestions? is there any possibility on using the piano's speakers while using pianoteq or I would need separate external speakers?
I'm also using the asio4all thing if this helps on identifying the problem

Thank you very much!

Re: roland fp 90 - mono sound on its speakers - pls help

1. Go out from your cell phone into the FP-90 audio input, and see if you get stereo. That will tell you if the cable is ok.
2. Listen to Pianoteq using headphones instead of running it through your FP-90. That will tell you if the problem is your computer's audio out or your audio engine.

Good luck. The FP-90's speakers are pretty good, but they don't have that great of a bass response, so you might eventually want to splurge on monitors.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

Thank you so much for your answer.

I have already tried the 2nd step and while using the headphones it sounds just perfect.
as for step 1 I dont know how to do it. I have an android phone and an ipad and connected both to the piano where it says “input stereo” but have NO sound whatsoever.

do i have to also configure the piano in some way in order to get them connected, as I do with the bluetooth connection or what am I missing? thanks again!!

You don't have to configure the FP-90 in any way except to have the volume above zero. You have to make sure that your device's volume is at an audible level.

It sounds like as you're getting just one channel with your audio jack when going from the computer to the keyboard, and you're getting no channels when going from your audio device to the keyboard, there is a likelihood that you have a shoddy audio jack. There is the less likely possibility that the FP-90 has a faulty audio input. User error must be considered. Test that 3.5mm audio jack.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

ok, i will buy another 3.5mm cable and see if that works.

thanks for your help, beakybird!! really appreciate it.

FIXED! looks like the problem was that little bastard 3.5mm cable lol
man, its another world!!! it sounds SO beautiful i cant believe it!!

God bless Pianoteq developers! (looks like it took an italian to invent the real piano and also another italian to invent the perfect digital piano...destiny? eheh)