Topic: Browser issue with the page contest

Hello, some browsers doesn't play videos, this morning a friend had try Google Chrome... issue, Firefox... issue, IE... ok.
Do you have some problems too?

Re: Browser issue with the page contest

Well ....  I am able to play videos on Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera with no troubles on my Mac Pro and Macbook Air computers.  Might your problem be one of permissions or preferences within a given browser?

It's on two differents computers under Windows, one accept with Firefox and an another no, only with IE. The two doesn't works with Google Chrome.

Salut Lylo,
Pour moi (SurfacePro 3/Win 80.) :
Vivaldi (my default browser) : OK
Opera : OK
IE 11 : OK
Firefox 56.0 : Non !  "La lecture n'est pas autorisée sur cet appareil"

Lylo wrote:

Hello, some browsers doesn't play videos, this morning a friend had try Google Chrome... issue, Firefox... issue, IE... ok.

I tried myself using Chrome and Firefox, and it works well.

Can you open the Developer panel on Chrome (Alt + Option + I), and look at the Console tab.

Is there any error log displayed ?

I don't have any trouble with my browser other than some of the recordings seem overly modulated.  My issue is that I wish I had more than three votes.  There are more than three worthy submissions, and I would like to be able to vote for them and then see how the numbers come in.  I think we need about 10 votes and then the top three in the total tallies become the winners.  My voting is obviously influenced by my own musical tastes.  I see Pianoteq primarily as the replication of great grand piano voices.  Therefore I tend to favor well played classical performances of well composed music.  The creativity of the video is in itself an important criteria.  For example I really like the video done in the park, but when put against some of the other performances I was forced to eliminate it, even though I find it to be one of the best.  The same goes for the guy using a drum pad to control the instrument.  It's really creative and a great performance but due to my perspective, I couldn't spend a vote on it.  Therefore in the future I hope Modartt will see fit to give us more votes to spend due to the high number of quite good submissions.  It's honestly impossible to choose a single best, or even the three best.

Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

I agree with GRB that there are much more than 3 great entries this year...I decided finally to concentrate on 3 categories, classical, jazz and let's say "others" and gave my vote to the best in each category (in my opinion of course) the one that has at the same time a fine performance (and/or composition) and a creative video.

Last edited by Gilles (09-11-2017 17:50)

Gilles wrote:

I agree with GRB that there are much more than 3 great entries this year...I decided finally to concentrate on 3 categories, classical, jazz and let's say "others" and gave my vote to the best in each category (in my opinion of course) the one that has at the same time a fine performance (and/or composition) and a creative video.

Your criteria makes a lot of sense along with going about it that way, but in my opinion there were some really great classical performances that perhaps eclipsed other types of entries.  Generally speaking Pianoteq is perhaps most appealing to classical pianists who probably have spent more time developing their craft. Perhaps the entire contest could be organized in the way you described where you get only one vote in each of the chosen categories.  In the end I'm sort of against talent contests in the first place as each person is presenting what they have done with the technology to the best of their ability, and quite a few have done very well.

Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

gjoly wrote:
Lylo wrote:

I tried myself using Chrome and Firefox, and it works well.

Can you open the Developer panel on Chrome (Alt + Option + I), and look at the Console tab.

Is there any error log displayed ?

Hello gjoly, I can't answer you, the issues are on the computer of some friends, I think they use their computer in good conditions and I just wanted know if another person finding the same issue.