Topic: The most insane request ever made in this forum's history.

Ok, it's a complete insane unpractical and absurd request, but I will make it just for fun.

What about redesign pianoteq software from scratch and create a new software based in quantum algorithms ?

Quantum computers are the future, and they said it can be 100 milion times faster than a ordinary PC, but this is only validy to quantum algorithm for certain calculation, and such algorithms can be used to calculte things in the natural world, like meteorology, the many combined elements that influence the clime. I i magine a piano it's similar, like the laws of physics.

The problem is that each quantum computer costs 15 milion dollars and take 15,5KW of energy.

Re: The most insane request ever made in this forum's history.

No.

Hard work and guts!

Would it still work on Windows 10?

I think it will take a quantum computer for A.I software  to fully emulate Beto's mind, that's for sure. :^)

Last edited by skip (06-11-2017 15:03)

It's an insane idea for sure, but very cool and way ahead of its time!

I wonder how much better it will be compared to the current Pianoteq 6?

I am not sure if it will be a quantum leap type of difference...after-all, the absolute reference is a real piano and THAT does not sound alike a quantum leap difference compared to Pianoteq 6.

So, when will the first, "Too soon for Pianoteq Quantum Pro 7?" thread be started?     

When quantum computer became available as laptops, that will be time to talk.

Studiocat wrote:

So, when will the first, "Too soon for Pianoteq Quantum Pro 7?" thread be started?     

lo134 wrote:

It's an insane idea for sure, but very cool and way ahead of its time!

I wonder how much better it will be compared to the current Pianoteq 6?

Surely it will be a perfect piano as long as no one is listening :-)

rAC wrote:

Surely it will be a perfect piano as long as no one is listening :-)

will it come with a virtual cat inside?

Matthieu 7:6

Well, Beto-Music, as you said, just for fun. I think we dont need a Quantum computer for Ptq. It will probably be outdated before it comes to manufacturing lines, to customers. Technology goes faster and faster. So fast, that things we need after five years is not invented yet. Ptq is so easy to use and configure, and so close to a real piano, actually as a real piano. I am sure that I still need it after five years. Not a Quantum. But when the next step after Quantum laptop is available, that will be the time to talk. Maybe a Yotta tablet with endless Yocto bytes, easy to use, and more attractive than the current technology, no harddrive, all data in cloud, Ptq online all the time and accessible everywhere……even in my cars navigator on my dashboard….? Well, thats what I think about it.  :-)

How could you forgot brain connection (to rest hands&arms) and brain to brain connection ?

https://www.sciencealert.com/direct-bra...econd-time

Anyway a quantum computer software may got too advanced. Like start it and said : "Ok quantum pianoteq, let's play." And it reply : "Why do I need to play with you. I'm more advanced than you, and you would play alone for me. Beside I'm tired of the mine mistakes you did while playing."

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Well, Beto-Music, as you said, just for fun. I think we dont need a Quantum computer for Ptq. It will probably be outdated before it comes to manufacturing lines, to customers. Technology goes faster and faster. So fast, that things we need after five years is not invented yet. Ptq is so easy to use and configure, and so close to a real piano, actually as a real piano. I am sure that I still need it after five years. Not a Quantum. But when the next step after Quantum laptop is available, that will be the time to talk. Maybe a Yotta tablet with endless Yocto bytes, easy to use, and more attractive than the current technology, no harddrive, all data in cloud, Ptq online all the time and accessible everywhere……even in my cars navigator on my dashboard….? Well, thats what I think about it.  :-)

Last edited by Beto-Music (08-11-2017 16:26)