Topic: "Stop all sound, release all keys . . ." All presets dead!

. . and pedals, and reset the audio and MIDI drivers".

Wouldn't know where to start on that; but I've lost all my presets.  Was playing around with the reverb, hoping for that unique "classical recording" sound with a good combination of ambience and clarity.
Needless to say, I hadn't quite got there yet.
I think at this moment in time I'd settle for my presets back.  But it looks like they're departed . . (sniff) But the defaults work ok.

Any thoughts guys?  . . . just keep it simple!

Last edited by peterws (08-11-2017 15:51)
I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order

Re: "Stop all sound, release all keys . . ." All presets dead!

Oh well . . .at least you kept it simple . . . 

I'm certainly not the best qualified person to reply here, but I think it's possible that your 'My Presets' folder has somehow been accidentally moved or deleted. Check the Recycle Bin, and search for My Presets on the computer. Didn't you make a backup of your presets? It goes without saying that anything you care about on the computer should be regularly backed up to external media of some sort - and for many of us here that includes our Pianoteq settings and midi files. It's easy to access My Presets (if it's there) - just click on the folder icon next to 'All banks' in the Preset Manager.

Thanks!  I'll check.  I never back up stuff on this ole computer; it never gets switched off.  The controller (FP50) doesn't either; the set up gives me so little bother that way.
Anyhow, I raised new presets and . . . .they're better.  Having found out how to do this quickly is great; all my presets are set to the same parameters in most cases.