Topic: Wonderful New Orleans piano lesson using Pianoteq

This is a performance of a piece for a lesson, with a pdf for sale. I hope Modartt won't mind me posting it. Very warm and believable close piano sound that Christian Fuchs
creates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObE4kNSMbT4

I must admit, in fact, that I was about to write him to ask what hardware or software piano he was using, but while scrolling through the comments below the video, I saw one that asks about the "warm and full sound." Christian replies that it's a program "called Pianoteq, that I really like...this should be the Steinway simulation."

Should be part of a promotion for Pianoteq, to my ears. And I do like the lessons that he creates, if I can slip in a plug...

EDIT: As far as I know, this is his first video using Pianoteq, dated Sept of this year. I believe the many older videos use his hardware piano's samples.
EDIT II: Late at night, I was getting some crackles in the recording, but those have vanished this morning, after clearing my cache and rebooting. If the sound of this video isn't a little startlingly clear, something's wrong. The good folks at YouTube appear to have upgraded their sound quality, or at least Pianoteq and whatever settings or equipment Mr. Fuchs is using combine well.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (07-10-2017 15:17)

Re: Wonderful New Orleans piano lesson using Pianoteq

In the Comments section for this video, I asked what preset and settings he used for the video. His response:

"I use different [presets in] Pianoteq. I believe this time it´s the "Blues" one. The reverb is space designer in Logic Pro."

Which leads me to ask--does anyone else here use Space Designer? I'm on a PC, so Logic is not possible for me. (Thanks Apple.) Any alternative reverbs that will give similar results in the land of PC's?

Hi
”Does anyone else here use ”Space designer?” Well, I use it now. Have a Mac mini late-14 with Garageband. Thanks to this thread I found it. Did not know that it is in Garageband. The reverb gives many possibilities. Experimenting now. Thanks, Jake.

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Hi
”Does anyone else here use ”Space designer?” Well, I use it now. Have a Mac mini late-14 with Garageband. Thanks to this thread I found it. Did not know that it is in Garageband. The reverb gives many possibilities. Experimenting now. Thanks, Jake.

Yes, I have tried Space Designer convolution reverb in the past.  You can get some nice sounds from it in Pianoteq, as lond as you don't "overdo" it.  It seems, if one turns up the reverb volume to be loud enough to be noticed, it's too loud! 

Although I use Apple Logic Pro instead of Garageband, you might try setting up an Aux channel and placing Space Designer in there.  Set SD to be 100% wet, and use the potentiometer in the original channel to dial in the desired level of SD reverb.

Cheers,

Joe

Demo's, please.

Jake, I like the piano lesson video. I'd like to pick up a few of the riffs. Very cool.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.