Topic: PianoTeq Reviews

I have just posted my PianoTeq 6 review videos:

1) PianoTeq 6 Intro / Overview:
       https://youtu.be/zvACjdWk-AU

2) PianoTeq 6 vs PianoTeq 5:
       https://youtu.be/L4kiVcP6Zrs

There aren't too many other reviews out there yet... but perhaps this could be a great place to post those when available!

Re: PianoTeq Reviews

I enjoyed your reviews. I listened to them while driving. Even on my car stereo system, I could hear the improvements of P6.

Pianoteq should put up some recordings of Pianoteq pianos next to recordings of the real piano. There are recordings of Steinways, Yamahas, and Grotrians on Youtube, but it's hard to control for the mic position, room size, reverb etc. to make a proper comparison.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

beakybird wrote:

I enjoyed your reviews. I listened to them while driving. Even on my car stereo system, I could hear the improvements of P6.

Pianoteq should put up some recordings of Pianoteq pianos next to recordings of the real piano. There are recordings of Steinways, Yamahas, and Grotrians on Youtube, but it's hard to control for the mic position, room size, reverb etc. to make a proper comparison.

I will try that in about one month when my Steinway B comes. It will be very interesting to hear directly in a room side by side. I will put some high quality speakers for Pianoteq and high quality ribbons for piano.

Last edited by slobajudge (29-09-2017 17:34)

slobajudge wrote:
beakybird wrote:

I will try that in about one month when my Steinway B comes. It will be very interesting to hear directly in a room side by side. I will put some high quality speakers for that.

Wow! Congratulations!

The only real instrument that Pianoteq features that I can afford, well maybe someday ...., is the toy piano.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

beakybird wrote:
slobajudge wrote:
beakybird wrote:

I will try that in about one month when my Steinway B comes. It will be very interesting to hear directly in a room side by side. I will put some high quality speakers for that.

Wow! Congratulations!

The only real instrument that Pianoteq features that I can afford, well maybe someday ...., is the toy piano.

Thank you, but believe me, this is a result of some incredible circumstances (hardly to believe) that happened to me for that piano and not my pocket.

beakybird wrote:

Thank you BeakyBird!!  I'm surprised to hear about listening to them on the car stereo when driving!!  If you could hear the difference there, it should be even better when listening on some decent studio monitors (not to mention being able to see the video without worrying about the road).  But seriously, being able to hear the difference on a car stereo is not only impressive, its an excellent statement about the improvements from v5 to v6.

I never owned P5, so that was a very nice comparison of P5 and P6 for me.

Congrats on your Model B @Sloba, would be very interesting to hear them side by side indeed.

beakybird wrote:

Pianoteq should put up some recordings of Pianoteq pianos next to recordings of the real piano.

Yes, that would be really interesting!

It never ceases to amaze me what tremendous value we get with Pianoteq. With v6 we now have something that can bring us pretty darn close to the experience of playing fine quality instruments, at a mere fraction of the cost. As I work through my 'virtual hall of pianos', as I like to call it, I try to imagine how many hundreds of thousands of pounds (euros, dollars...) it would cost to own the real ones.

Law wrote:

I never owned P5, so that was a very nice comparison of P5 and P6 for me.

Congrats on your Model B @Sloba, would be very interesting to hear them side by side indeed.

Thank you, now with version 6 I have no doubt that Pianoteq side by side will be recognized as the best digital vst piano at the moment.

Last edited by slobajudge (01-10-2017 13:12)

Chuck, for me the the velocity curve you are using it's too high, creating too bright sounds.

Well, everyone's touch is different, couple that with different curves on the MIDI controller etc... you obviously cannot get the same result with your touch which is different than his.

Hard work and guts!

Beto-Music wrote:

Chuck, for me the the velocity curve you are using it's too high, creating too bright sounds.

The setting in the video looks like one of the default preset settings. Either 'Slow Keyboard' or 'Moderately Slow Keyboard'.

It is the keyboard sensitivity that is set to high. It is obvious from the green lines that the notes have a high velocity level while M. Chuck plays relativey soft.