Topic: Hi, is there some promotion code or sale for the upgrade?

I had some time without logging and now I see the new pianoteq, I got it on 2012 and have version 5, I wonder if there was some promotion or upgrade sale that I missed when verison 6 was released? I made a topic not long ago asking if a new release was coming to save some money I got for my bday but I ended up expending it and in Venezuela the upgrade cost sadly is almost my monthly income as an engineer. I had better times indeed.

Please tell if I missed some sale in case something can be done as I'm trying to find the money again but its a lot here.

Thanks

Last edited by Rohade (19-09-2017 19:47)

Re: Hi, is there some promotion code or sale for the upgrade?

There's no promotion, there's a regular update price which is at very affordable 29€.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

There's no promotion, there's a regular update price which is at very affordable 29€.

It is a good price, I'm not saying its not.

But for Venezuelans, saving 30 dollars, or even 5, is impossible unless I can sell stuff, sadly a lot have changed here -dictatorship and economy collapsed- since Pianoteq 5 was released.

Last edited by Rohade (19-09-2017 20:41)

Venezuela was destroyed by the last two dictators, and Maduro now is changeing the constitution to make dictatorships legal. The largest oil reserve on world belong to Venezuela, but the comunism managed to even so screw-up things, leading to massive problems.

As Pianoteq fans (which I am once again that version 6 has come out), let's help out this poor venezolano whose mind is on music while his country is in chaos.
I'll upgrade this guy's license if there are others here who can also pitch in.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

beakybird wrote:

As Pianoteq fans (which I am once again that version 6 has come out), let's help out this poor venezolano whose mind is on music while his country is in chaos.
I'll upgrade this guy's license if there are others here who can also pitch in.

How would we do that?

Jake Johnson wrote:

How would we do that?

I suppose that if I can get at least 3-4 others to agree to pitch in 5 euros, I can get Rohade's serial # and purchase the upgrade. Once Rohade reports that he has received the upgrade, the other benefactors can reimburse me via Paypal. If you can contribute 5 euros, just say you're in.

I guess I'm touched that in a country where everyone is focused on survival, Rohade is dreaming of making music.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.

beakybird wrote:
Jake Johnson wrote:

How would we do that?

I suppose that if I can get at least 3-4 others to agree to pitch in 5 euros, I can get Rohade's serial # and purchase the upgrade. Once Rohade reports that he has received the upgrade, the other benefactors can reimburse me via Paypal. If you can contribute 5 euros, just say you're in.

I guess I'm touched that in a country where everyone is focused on survival, Rohade is dreaming of making music.

Hi Beakybird, I was surprised and moved by your post, I want to thank you a lot just for proposing that, I think the very proposal and your good intention is more than enough already, it certainly made my day better just knowing there's people who think like you.

It wasnt always like this, Beto was extremely accurate in his resume of what happened here which makes me wonder if he knows or visited this country before.

But before 2012 things weren't this bad, just the usual third world problems, it started there, I had a software company, my wife was my partner, a regular life, we had plans as everyone does, things to look for in the future. Then we had a 10.000% inflation rate, ten thousand, in a couple years so my company crashed, everything became too expensive but it was only the beginning, it happened again a year later and for example a tv that was 9.000 bs on 2012, now its 22.000.000 and salaries and wages didn't catch up at all so now its impossible for us to affort anything that is not food or medicines as some are subsidized by the goverment to keep them affordable with our wages, but since the goverment is almost broke because they robbed everything now we cant even find them, and this year they went from an abusive goverment to full throttle dictatorship.

So its a mess, I stayed as I coudn't leave my mom alone but now I wonder if I did a mistake as I cant help her that much from here, now both my wife and I, both engineers, make less than 100 dollars between both in a month, also venezuelans can't purchase dollars freely on the bank as any other country as its restricted, it really sucks but we try to carry on.

I asked if I missed a sale or something because even if its 5 dollars it will make a lot of difference for me, I may sell something or figure something out but it was just in case, its actually a great price for the international economy, its just our particular situation which makes it expensive for us. Pianoteq is not a first need of course, it just had a deep place in my heart as both as amateur musician and engineer I loved the result and the concept behind it and a release was always an exciting time, still is, and well, I received like 50 dollars on may as it was my birthday and I was saving them as I had the feeling the upgrade was close but since I got no confirmation when I asked here I ended up spending them so when I finally saw the release I got a bit sad for not being able to hold on them.

I'm sorry for babbling too much about here, its offtopic, but thanks for your awareness of our situation and again thanks a lot for your words, Beakybird.

If someone is curious about us or want to know hows a day by day living on a crashed country, I even made a couple AMAs on reddit some years ago and tried to get a recently diary for some time but got somewhat depressed and didnt continue, I wont put the link unless requested to not spam.

I'm an amateur musician, not a big deal, I'm also suffering from hand pain and cant play as before but I still play piano, its one of the good things they can't take away from me, there's no future or good news here anymore but music always helps a lot and its an universal beauty.

I've always wanted to compose and your post also reminded me of that Beaky, I love playing waltzs and sometimes I feel that I have to write them and have recorded some improvisations in the past, Ill try to do it seriously this time as its an amazing thing to create music so thank you for the reminder as well.

On forum topic Im impressed with the new version, I think is the highest leap after version 3, years ago I had the chance to play a Steinway D when I visited a friend in the US and even if it was just for a few minutes, the power of it was stuck in my memory and this the first time I can feel it in a virtual piano, I remember when many people said that pianoteq 5 made it, maybe is the surprise or the hype but now I think Pianoteq 6 made it, I've been running midis in the demo version the whole day just to listen to that sound.

Last edited by Rohade (20-09-2017 04:56)

If at all possible, take your wife and your mom and get the f**k out of that place!

Engineers deserve a whole lot more than $100 a month.

Hard work and guts!

Hi Beakybird, yes count me in for 5 euros.

Come on folks, let's make this thing happen. Some fine musicians and beautiful music have come from Venezuela.

von mir auch 5.- sobald ich deine PayPal Daten habe.

Last edited by Urs Zimmermann (20-09-2017 15:18)
Pianoteq 7 Pro with all pianos

Urs Zimmermann wrote:

von mir auch 5.- sobald ich deine PayPal angebaben habe.

Thank you. I just sent a personal message to Rohade asking for his serial #. It looks like I have two people pitching in. I'll give it a day. If more than 5 people offer, then it would be less than 5 euros.

My niece's sister-in-law and her family were upper-middle class in Venezuela with a successful Chinese restaurant and grocery store. US relatives have been pleading with them to come for years. Now they're middle age and coming to NYC with just the shirts on their backs.

ATH-M50x headphones.

Ja ich bin auch dabei

I helb too count me in

Grüße Oliver

Sure, Beakybird, I'll contribute 5 Euros as well, payable to your PayPal account whenever you like.

It was very nice of you to think of this gesture, and your reasons for it. Greetings to you too, Rohade, and thanks for letting the forum members know a little about your life in Venezuela.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (20-09-2017 17:48)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

I’m in.

tfort wrote:

I’m in.

Great. I'll wait to hear from Rohade, and do this tomorrow. We'll divide the upgrade price by how many offered to help including myself, and I'll give my Paypal address.

For those of us in more prosperous countries, 5 euros is pocket change, and I say this being a strictly middle class struggling musician in the Chicago burbs.

ATH-M50x headphones.

EvilDragon wrote:

If at all possible, take your wife and your mom and get the f**k out of that place!

Engineers deserve a whole lot more than $100 a month.

The very reason why the crisis (and not only in that country) is because of the arbitrary parameters used in defining the worth of ''things'' (including professions). I for one would have contributed if that was to save the life of his daughter or would have provided him potable water.

Music sure could be considered as a necessity, particularly in this day and age, and there is supposed to be ways for him to get the update free. But wasn't there a contest here already, and would participating to it alone (not even winning) nearly paid the cost for the upgrade?

Last edited by Lucy (20-09-2017 20:24)

I'm also in for 5 euros.

I'm new to Pianoteq and this forum, having just purchased recently.

I have family that went through a similar situation of hyperinflation, following serious political and economic mismanagement, in another country a while back. And I have seen how devastating it can be.

Wishing you the best Rohade.

I'm in too.

It looks like we've got more than enough of us to get Rohade the upgrade to v6 .. what with the extra funds (especially if more of us contribute. I'll easily give 10 Euro), maybe enough for a new instrument as well?

It's certainly a touching thought to imagine someone in hardship improving life with beautiful piano.

I'm in as well... this is great! I'll buy a piano of his choice.

Last edited by Kramster1 (20-09-2017 23:06)
Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

lem18 wrote:

It looks like we've got more than enough of us to get Rohade the upgrade to v6 .. what with the extra funds (especially if more of us contribute. I'll easily give 10 Euro), maybe enough for a new instrument as well?

Sure; I'd be happy to donate 10 Euro as well instead of 5, if it will help to bring the total up to enough to buy a new piano (or other) instrument as well as the upgrade to Pianoteq 6.

--

I haven't heard from Rohade yet. I'll report back this weekend.

ATH-M50x headphones.

I just heard from Rohade - whose real name is Hector. He's super grateful. I have gigs today. I'll purchase upgrade tonight and divide price by # of contributers. Thanks

ATH-M50x headphones.

Thanks, Beakybird. And greetings, Hector.

--

The community spirit on the forum is just one of the reasons I love Pianoteq.

Hi everyone, I'm so deeply moved by what you've done, it's weird but so much time of this situation and its easy to forget that good things happen, is it hard to put in words the beauty of this and english is not my native language so forgive me if I make a mess of my post, thank you so much from me and also from my wife who is also very happy as I told her and showed what happened here.

I'm not the best musician at all, not even a professional but music is one of the things that make this bareable, is one of the things that makes you feel better no matter what, I'm a fan of Pianoteq not only as an amateur musician but I've also worked with signal processing in the past and I'm always delighted with the way they achieved this from a technical standpoint, its art both as the result and from the process behind it.

I sent my license number to Beakybird some minutes ago

I just read the forum so I could address some of the post, its so touching, I'm almost 40 but cant avoid some manly wet eyes here.

Beakybird Im sorry as well for what surely happened to your sister in law, its probably the same that happened to my company but harder, as they were probably forced to sell at a loss and without being able to find the very ingredients, its happening here on every business, restaurants are substituting everything with the goods they are able to find and improvising as they can, many storeowners were forced to sell at a loss or stop selling so now we have a lot less of stores and business going on plus the income is so low that we cannot eat at restaurants except for very special occasions and that even includes the fast food chains. I'm also guilty of waiting so much, all my friends left and almost all my family as well and my wife's family, everyone who could left, some went so desperate that they just too a bus without a plan or money. I'm very greteful for my wife and my mom who live with me but I miss simple things in life like having a beer with a friend, they are all gone.

Stephen thank you so much as well for your words and awareness of this, you reminded me of the times I did my dairy on reddit and I may retake it, I used to tell what was happening here from the average citizen point of view but got a bit depressed and had some health issues so I stopped, I may come back when I feel stronger.

Seabird, did they manage to leave?, its hard when your country crashes, its not easy to leave, is easier to cope with it as much as you can but I dont know, maybe Im just not brave enough to do it. I hope they did. Everytime someone I know did it I felt a bit of sadness as I wasn't going to see them again in person but also felt very happy for them as they somewhat beated the goverment.

Dazric, Dudamel put us in the map indeed, he was pro goverment until some years ago btw until he coudn't take it anymore when the human rights violations were made public, then he gave an speech asking for the goverment to stop the madness, as a response, the goverment suspended a planned tour they had for him and any financial help to him and his projects.

I must talk about another musician but not a professional one, his name is Wuilly and he participated in the marches and protests that happened here months ago, he didnt protests he just went there with the violin and played for hours to cheer the people up and nothing else, at first the national guards took his violin and destroyed it so a famous artists replaced it with a new one and he kept playing for months, in the end he was captured after being shot in the face with a pellet gun, they starved him for days, beat him up in the same injury they did with the gun, burned his hair with a lighter and other torturers and threatened his girlfriend and family, he had to escape to the US as soon as we was released, weeks after detention. His case is the case of many who were captured in the protests.

Lem and Kramster and Stephen again, ty so much for going even beyond, I think you so much for your good will, its really moving, I want to say that only saying that is a lot. And Tfort, Urs and Cakewalkerl, I learned a bit of german translating some of your post hehe.

As Beaky told you Im really happy and very excited to play the upgrade version as I think its special, and with this happening its far more important and special to me now and everytime I play I will remember this, Im not the best musician but Ill try to upload some audio to say thank you as well.

I dont have much but if someone here needs to learn spanish or something related to the language, a translation to spanish or some question related to electronic engineering -I code a little as well- please count me in to help you up, I of course would me more than happy to be able to do so.

ah, yeah, as Beaky told you, my name's Héctor.

Beakybird, I would like to contribute, if I'm still in time.

Hi! So I just paid $39 USA (32.62 euros) for the upgrade Order #170922052733

As there are so many nice people, I told Hector that we can pitch in for an additional Pianoteq Instrument, and he said he's going to play with the demo so he can decide which one he wants.

Can someone create a shared doc, preferably a spread sheet where people can post how much each contributed? After that doc is up, I'll provide my email address. Then you can 1) check the document to see how much has already been contributed, 2) send a contribution to me via Paypal, and 3) post on the document how much you contributed. That way I won't get overpaid. In any event, if there is any overpayment, it will be returned.

With the shared doc, we won't be hogging the forum with the personal information of how much we contributed.

I'm glad that we can help this Pianoteq fan.

You don't have to be a professional musician/artist to create beauty and to get uplifted.

ATH-M50x headphones.

OK, I created a Google Spreadsheet. That was easy. The spreadsheet has me as the first contributor + my Paypal email.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/...sp=sharing

I will be purchasing the additional instrument when I hear from Hector.

I'll be receiving the $$ in US dollars. You can use Google as a currency calculator to put the amount you contributed in American money.

Last edited by beakybird (22-09-2017 04:46)
ATH-M50x headphones.

I think a pledge amount is good too. Stephen I saw your "Up to 20 Euro" and wanted to match it. If a few of us are being generous like that, perhaps Rohade will get *two* new instruments. At least the potential is there.

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

Yeah, I think that's a good idea. If Larry edits the sharing settings of the Google spreadsheet to allow anyone with the link to edit it instead of just view it, a pledge column can be added, and a little additional "prettifying" formatting, and people will actually be able to add their names and amounts to the sheet.

I just fixed this. Sorry. Anyone can edit.

ATH-M50x headphones.

Hi!, thank you so much, Im already playing it!. I'm so happy and delighted with it, I will never be able to put in words the meaning of this and how grateful Im, I hope I can pay it forward somehow in the future, specially if some day my situation improves. Its been a few years where, well its hard to come by to a good thing, a good day here is usually when nothing bad happens or when we are able to find some item that is hard to find, we got used to it and live the day by day so this is so different that I almost forgot this feeling, thank you so much from me and my wife, who doesn't play but loves listening and loves to see me happy, I'm sure I'm not the only one who visited the website like almost every day when you know that a new launch was close, its such an exciting feeling as Pianoteq is so special, to create an instrument with applied math and getting this result, is dreamlike.

I already told Beakybird that I loved the Steinway B but Im already extremely grateful and with unexpected happiness so I wil love it but only if it doesnt cause too much trouble or spending for you all.

The best part is that everytime I play Ill remember this.

Last edited by Rohade (22-09-2017 06:54)

I'll get it done when I get home a little later on my secured home computer.. what a great bunch of piano folks!!

Pianoteq 7, all the pianos , a  Casio:  Px-560M, PX 3000, (2) PX350's, Mac i27 and MacBook Pro, Focusrite, Scarlette 18/20 and a bunch of speakers and headphones

I am happy to report that Niclas Fogwell of Pianoteq Sales & Support has offered Hector an instrument of his choice. That's exceedingly kind of him and Pianoteq.

I had already negotiated with a US retailer, Sound Sandbox, who sells Pianoteq and received a little discount on the Steinway B instrument. I just purchased it. The retailer offered me $7 off because the last time I purchased a Pianoteq instrument from them, it took a day and a half for me to get the serial #. I hope this doesn't happen again, but it is the weekend.

So as it is, I have received $2 more than necessary to buy the upgrade + the Steinway B. + Niclas is throwing in an additional instrument. I will leave this effort open for several more days. If people pledge and contribute enough for another instrument, I'm sure Hector would be in heaven.

I would suggest pledging and not emailing me $$ until it is determined that there is enough for another instrument.

I'd like to thank all the Pianoteq fans on the forum who helped and who expressed such kind sentiments. One advantage of a software instrument is - if Hector is able to get out of Venezuela with his family, he'll always have his Pianoteq license! Cheers!

Last edited by beakybird (23-09-2017 01:08)
ATH-M50x headphones.

I think there is enough for another piano now...

Thanks! I just received the serial # from the retailer and forwarded it to Hector.

Please, if you send me $$ please put it in the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

I just received $65, and I wasn't sure if it was for something I was selling on Ebay or for this noble effort. I think it was for another instrument. A cautious thanks to Kramster.

I'm out of commission until tomorrow. Record heat in Chicago + bad traffic. Time to play the piano.

Last edited by beakybird (23-09-2017 01:13)
ATH-M50x headphones.

beakybird wrote:

Please, if you send me $$ please put it in the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … sp=sharing

That link got eaten (have to right click, copy then paste rather than just select). Here's the full link for anyone else joining the thread at this point: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/...sp=sharing

edit: Thank you amazing and generous Pianoteq fans. I can only imagine the happiness Rohade will experience, and therefore share with those around him.

Last edited by lem18 (23-09-2017 01:16)

beakybird wrote:

A cautious thanks to Kramster..

Oops yes another piano please... forgot to mention that

Is it possible to send mony by Pay Pal by a bank deposity.

I want to contribute with some, but I'm not with international credit card right now.

Yes you can connect PayPal with a bank account. They will verify that you're indeed the owner, a procedure that supposedly takes a few days. I am waiting for it before I can honor my pledge.

I haven't heard from Hector in over 24 hours. I hope it's because of a great weekend or a small personal issue. Not anything to do with the what we read in the newspapers about Venezuela.

ATH-M50x headphones.

beakybird wrote:

I haven't heard from Hector in over 24 hours. I hope it's because of a great weekend or a small personal issue. Not anything to do with the what we read in the newspapers about Venezuela.

beakybird wrote:

I'm here, sorry for dissapearing a bit, I think both causes as a had some health issue, got a small elbow injury and eyes dilated again but still having a great weekend indeed even if Im playing with one hand for a couple days which is not that bad actually and Im recalling a lot of pieces I forgot, I want to recall everything I played to see how it sounds now. Its amazing how every sound inspire different things, I just usually get lost in the piano as if it was the piano the one who's driving, and even a little difference in the sound drives in a different way.

I just read the forum and also Beakybird email, this is even surreal and I even feel like is too much for me, you have gifted me a lot in a situation in my life where I needed good things the most, I wish so much to be able to be useful for you somehow, as I was telling Beakybird a big part of being here is trying to be in good mood and the right mindset, sometimes is hard but these days have been so different from the usual day by day, everytime I've been able to check I've found a nice, bigger surprise, at first I didnt understand very well why I was asked to choose two more and then I saw that Kramster did, I dont think I would be able to say something even in my native language, but I will never forget anything of this, please all of you know that you have a friend in me and thank you a lot as well Niclas, is such a nice gesture, as I once told Phillipe I think you are making history here and I was so happy when I saw you got the Steinway approval which will surely help a lot to make you even so much succesful than you are. Steinway should be proud actually because more than replicating the tone and sound, you got the feeling and beauty of it, that powerful feeling.

Ill rest a little bit but this is so amazing, I even feel a bit when you had a child birthday because everything was filled with surprises and good things.

@Hector -- There is no need to write too many words of thanks. It has been a pleasure to help you in this way.

--

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

@Hector -- There is no need to write too many words of thanks. It has been a pleasure to help you in this way.

Oh Stephen Hi, I know is that I just really wanted to write them, I usually end then see I wrote a lot hehe, I'm really happy.

" then I saw that Kramster did, I dont think I would be able to say something even in my native language, but I will never forget anything of this,"

If Pianoteq even brings half as much pleasure to you and your wife and who ever you can share it with as it does for me... then it is very well worth it to me and I am sure all of us. I use music to escape the world in general sometimes .... but nothing like what you are going through!. We are all in this world together and one of the biggest bonds across borders and everything is music. Just saying'. Now play!!

Kramster1 wrote:

" then I saw that Kramster did, I dont think I would be able to say something even in my native language, but I will never forget anything of this,"

If Pianoteq even brings half as much pleasure to you and your wife and who ever you can share it with as it does for me... then it is very well worth it to me and I am sure all of us. I use music to escape the world in general sometimes .... but nothing like what you are going through!. We are all in this world together and one of the biggest bonds across borders and everything is music. Just saying'. Now play!!

Those are exactly my sentiments too. Well said.

I'm typing on my cell phone. Away from computer. I'll be purchasing the Grotian, and responding to Niclas gracious offer, I asked for the beautiful  Harp on Hector's behalf.
I wish I could get Hector a visa and move him and his family next door. Thanks everyone.

Addendum: I'm going to call the retailer on Monday who gave me the discounted Steinway B to extend the same $7 discount for the Grotrian for this cause.  The coupon code they gave me last time doesn't work.

Last edited by beakybird (24-09-2017 05:01)
ATH-M50x headphones.

I just purchased the Grotrian for Hector from Pianoteq. I thought that since Pianoteq has gifted Hector an instrument that I would like to buy directly from them instead of trying to haggle off a few dollars from the retailer. I'll forward the serial # to Hector when I get it.

Last edited by beakybird (24-09-2017 12:00)
ATH-M50x headphones.

You are one of the good guys in this world beakybird!!

I decided to end the fundraising effort to enhance Hector's Pianoteq experience. I returned the excess funds of $12.44 to the most generous donor, Mark (aka Kramster1).

It has been fun, and I thank all involved. What started out as an effort to cobble $39 together to help Hector upgrade to Pianoteq 6 turned out to be a more generous undertaking that scored Hector the Steinway B, the Grotrian, and the Pianoteq Harp as well.

I hope he finds inspiration and upliftment when he plays these instruments.

Hector is in a dangerous part of the world. His level of education and skills - in a fairer world - should be passports for him to go wherever he chooses. If anyone can help him should he wish to leave Venezuela, it would be nice to offer assistance. Should he cross the border into Colombia like many Venezuelans have done, I offer him my contacts there.

Thanks everyone!

ATH-M50x headphones.