Topic: Pianoteq 6 Possible Bugs

It could be me or not, in any case I open this more general thread because I have an issue when I load the VST3i in Reaper 5. Only the first output is highlighted and I cannot activate the other ones, no matter what changes I do in routing, soundcard, etc. Would you mind checking? Thanks.
Vst2 instead works just fine for me.

Last edited by Chopin87 (11-09-2017 13:09)
"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

Re: Pianoteq 6 Possible Bugs

ok, i post my one also here: not a bug, but problems:

after installing Piantoteq6 have i opened ableton live with my default project, which is setup to have Pianoteq ready to play,
plus some other VSTs whoms tracks are muted.
Never had problems with this default project, but now i have huge audio dropouts/crackle problems due to CPU overload.
Live 9 shows me a CPU load of 83% now. thats quasi double of what it should be.
Can´t vouch that Pianoteq6 is the bad boy and not something else, but the pianoteq6 update was the only change.
( macmini 2012, quad 2.66Ghz, 8MB, OSX 10.11.3 )

V6.0.1, VST3 doesn't have multiple outputs available anymore (in Reaper here). This is a pretty big thing (especially if Steinberg completely disallows working with VST2 in one of future versions of Cubase, which they did hint at likely to happen!), so I would urge Modartt to work at it until multiple outputs work nicely in all plugin variants. The sooner, the better.

Last edited by EvilDragon (12-09-2017 23:39)
Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

V6.0.1, VST3 doesn't have multiple outputs available anymore (in Reaper here). This is a pretty big thing (especially if Steinberg completely disallows working with VST2 in one of future versions of Cubase, which they did hint at likely to happen!), so I would urge Modartt to work at it until multiple outputs work nicely in all plugin variants. The sooner, the better.

What do you mean? You can't run multiple Pianoteq VSTi's at the same time? I'm using Reaper too and I'd like to know.

Please read again what I wrote. I never mentioned multiple plugin instances.

Hard work and guts!

There was a bug in Steinberg Dorico, https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto...p;start=25 which looks like may was fixed. Some question still whether it affected all three models, and whether version 6.0.0/20170907 or 6.0.0/20170908 was the right one to download.

I use Steinberg Cubase, and this was referenced in their forum, so I thought I'd just pass it along in case anyone is having problems.

Caught another one: The Blüthner Player preset shows ??? on the reverb slot and hides all the controls for the Studio IR.

"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

Chopin87 wrote:

Caught another one: The Blüthner Player preset shows ??? on the reverb slot and hides all the controls for the Studio IR.

I see the same thing, here. The mystery reverb.

Yeah, we noticed that reverb issue as well, it will be fixed in the next update.

It looks as though the last pianoteq version does not work flawlessly with Dorico Pro 2 : I have the same problem we had when Pianoteq 6.0 came out. The very first note is cut, I should add a rest at the beginning in order to make sure the first note is played correctly through Pianoteq 6.2 — it does not happen with other virtual instruments.

EvilDragon wrote:

+1 Please... we are in V7.4.2
Regards