Topic: 46 years years of dedicated playing and why I NEED Pitch Bend

Hi...

a thousand thank yous for saving all of us from those massive sample libraries...

I enjoy your demo even with the missing notes.. it is a MUST BUY....

now, the thing is... [without going into my long background]

Nowadays with compression, effects, distortion, delays, reverbs etc etc... one CAN stand out from the guitars with JUST a piano as the primary sound... and pitch bend IS valid...

YES .. I feel at this time concerned that your singularly ground-breaking product does not yet have pitch bend....

MANY people would love to SWOOP into ...  VIBRATE OUT of... SPIKE around ...
SUBTLEY dip ...

ahhhh.... yes.. I know what I have heard and what I have played....
Though only with large unweildy sample libraries....

how wondrous it would be  ....  PIANOteq ... "now with pitch bend"

Can you please consider this....
It's a new world with new players...!

best wishes to ALL!

Re: 46 years years of dedicated playing and why I NEED Pitch Bend

My guess is that, if you want pitch bend, you'll have to use an external effect.

[Please correct me if I'm wrong...] I believe that ptq's notes are basically computed for their duration at the moment of impact, so to speak. You might be able shift the value of individual notes as they're struck but it would run against the grain to change pitch mid-note.

What I want is the ability to bend the whole piano with the pitch wheel and bend individual notes using poly aftertouch (using what board I don't know but this is a fantasy). I'd also like the (side-to-side up/down) poly aftertouch values to be sensitive the the harmonic implications of what I'm playing so that the individual note's pitch would rise or fall to the correct pitch (and temperament--intelligent temperament please) for the musical context.

Nice to hear from you Doug...

Great, [and most interesting] as the after touch idea seemed not likely to me also and ..well, just woke up though cool that we both see the possibilities... or are they ...  NEEDS!!!

compliment to us both that! hehehe

EDIT: an in hindsight I would have SHORTENED my posting's TITLE.... oh well , that's the wee hours and my brain for ya...

Last edited by tweed (28-05-2007 08:12)

I also need a note-by-note pitch correction (1) to use tuning systems that are not currently implemented and (2) to allow for context-dependent microtonal intervals, such as for instance playing "just intonation", in which the tuning will depend on harmonic context.

Related to this, I think the best feature to add is Hermode tuning. It has several modes, but basically it constantly strives to resolve harmonies to just intonation. It means that you can get the sound of just intonation in any scale and while modulating to any scale. 

I have it on z3ta+ and my Virus B, and the result is amazingly sweet and smooth-sounding chords.

Mitch I.

WOW!! Yes, Hermode tuning would be sweet sweet sweet.