Topic: PTQ6 Arm version on a Pi3

Has anyone got this working successfully on a Pi3 with a sound card? If so this would be amazing.

If yes then pls recommend a sound card. I'm wondering whether a standard £30 DAC hat would work or if there would be latency issues.

Re: PTQ6 Arm version on a Pi3

Can you please delete one of the identical threads you started with this question ?

StephenG

More info please - installation instructions, gui, ... . I am currently running dietpi headless as a roon endpoint. Works great, more than enough for hires audio, but then the heavy processing is going on at the core, a NUC i5. Support, please clarify. Is this really possible, if so what are the limitations?

In the Linux archive of Pianoteq, there is a README_LINUX.txt file that contains the general recommendations for running Pianoteq on Linux, and more specific instructions for the arm version, and the Raspberry Pi 3 . The raspberry pi must be carefully configured in order to run Pianoteq without audio glitches.

julien wrote:

In the Linux archive of Pianoteq, there is a README_LINUX.txt file that contains the general recommendations for running Pianoteq on Linux, and more specific instructions for the arm version, and the Raspberry Pi 3 . The raspberry pi must be carefully configured in order to run Pianoteq without audio glitches.

Thank you. Will check.

This ARM porting has the potential to overshadow sound improvements of Pianoteq 6 in some circles (like the RP community). I didn't try it myself yet, but if Pianoteq is usable on a RP3, for some this might be the sole rational to purchase it (particularly the stage version).

Wondering if Modartt thought of offering some promotional codes or something on the magpi magazine, with a review of the software.

Last edited by Lucy (09-09-2017 23:10)

How can I download the trial version of the Linux package? When clicking on it in the "TRY" downloads, I am always redirected just to the Windows EXE installer.

I have succesfully downloaded the full version from the user area, but that one won't play without activation, and I just want to test the hardware capabilities before really activating anything.

wanthalf wrote:

How can I download the trial version of the Linux package? When clicking on it in the "TRY" downloads, I am always redirected just to the Windows EXE installer.

I have succesfully downloaded the full version from the user area, but that one won't play without activation, and I just want to test the hardware capabilities before really activating anything.

Try this link: https://www.pianoteq.com/try?file=piano...al_v600.7z

I've located the Readme txt file and it does indeed give a lot of information about how to get this working on a RPi3.

Bottom line:
- it will run pretty well at 29.4kHz sampling rate
- there's a ton of tweaks and fiddling in the Linux installation to prevent cracks and pops
- audio card required (of course)

I can see this would take me a lot of trial and error as someone who has only dabbled in Linux. More time than I have available.

If someone with the right skills was able to do all the tweaks in Linux to get this working on a Pi3 they could share share the SD card image for the Linux installation on this forum, and recommend a soundcard.

It would then be easy for a newbie to implement PTQ6 on their own Rpi3.

That would be revolutionary.

Strange, it is exactly the same link as on the webpage, and it works when clicked from here, but not when clicked on the official page. It also works when copy pasting it into a new browser tab. I am really puzzled - it there some trick in my Safari browser or some cookie issue...? Anyway, thanks.

wanthalf wrote:

It was a bug. It is fixed now.

If case you haven't figured out how to install Pianoteq on a Raspberry Pi 3, there is an in-depth tutorial on how to do it that you can download from Pianoteq. Here's the link:
https://www.pianoteq.com//downloads/gen...Pi3_v3.pdf

The link can be also found in
https://www.pianoteq.com/faq
under the question "How do I install Pianoteq on Raspberry Pi 3?"
The tutorial shows how to achieve higher internal sampling rates (48KHz or 44.1KHz). I am currently running Pianoteq 6 on my Raspberry Pi 3 at an internal sampling rate of 48KHz.
Have fun!