Topic: Pianoteq 6 VST3 on Mac OSX 10.9.5?

(I am not really too bothered, because the VST2 version is working fine, but...)
The Installer does not appear to have installed the VST3 version here (Mac OS X 10.9.5)
My main DAW is Cubase 9.0.30.
(apart from that little grumble , lovely upgrade, and very generous upgrade fee.. thank you )

Mac Pro Quad-Core (2009) 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 9.0.30.266| and others ;)

Re: Pianoteq 6 VST3 on Mac OSX 10.9.5?

You are right , the VST3 plugin has gone missing in the MacOS installer ! It is a bit embarrassing, but we hope to fix that today.

julien wrote:

You are right , the VST3 plugin has gone missing in the MacOS installer ! It is a bit embarrassing, but we hope to fix that today.

At least it is reassuring that I am not going blind

Mac Pro Quad-Core (2009) 2.66 GHz | 16GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3|MOTU Midi Timepiece AV | Mac OS X 10.9.5 | Cubase 9.0.30.266| and others ;)

If you download version 6 again and reinstall it, the mac VST3 should be there, now.

julien wrote:

If you download version 6 again and reinstall it, the mac VST3 should be there, now.

Thank you Julien.. working nicely in Cubase 9

I have it listed as a VST instrument under the Plug In Manager in Cubase, but it doesn't appear in the list of VST instruments in either the Rack or Track selector so I can't select it.  I can confirm that the VST3 file is in Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3.   

By the way, there's an issue with Dorico.  You might want to follow this thread here: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewto...51#p668451

DavidKT wrote:

I have it listed as a VST instrument under the Plug In Manager in Cubase, but it doesn't appear in the list of VST instruments in either the Rack or Track selector so I can't select it.

Are you referring to the VST3 version? It is (or at least, should be) under the category "Synth" in the Rack list.
As is the case with all plugins where there exists both a vst2 version and a vst3 version, if they have the same ID, then only the VST3 version is recognised in Cubase.

I can confirm the issue when running Pianoteq Standard or Pro in Dorico (loud buzzing noise). We are working on it, hopefully we will have an update ready soon.

vic_france wrote:
DavidKT wrote:

I have it listed as a VST instrument under the Plug In Manager in Cubase, but it doesn't appear in the list of VST instruments in either the Rack or Track selector so I can't select it.

Are you referring to the VST3 version? It is (or at least, should be) under the category "Synth" in the Rack list.
As is the case with all plugins where there exists both a vst2 version and a vst3 version, if they have the same ID, then only the VST3 version is recognised in Cubase.

Hi Vic.  Thanks for this.  My bad - as you say, it's there under Synths.  I'm so used to seeing Pianoteq listed as an instrument it never occurred to me to look in there.

This issue appears to be have been fixed - there was a new release of 6.0.0 yesterday (20170908) and as far as I can see it's completely stable in Dorico.   Many thanks to Modartt for fixing this so quickly.