Topic: Presenting Pianoteq Parameters to Logic's Plist

I use Logic's plists to map the parameters to my midi controller (Nektar Panorama P6). I just bought Pianteq 5 today and I notice that it includes a lot of parameters in Logic's plist. But I notice the effects parameters are missing - delay, tremolo, chorus etc. I do see Reverb and I think I see all of the piano physical/mic adjustments there. Only done a quick look.

Is it possible to add the effects parameters to Logic's plist so I can map my controller to them.

I know there is the midi learn function on the gui and Logic's own midi learn function but for a bunch of reasons I prefer to map with the plist.

Re: Presenting Pianoteq Parameters to Logic's Plist

That is because each of the 3 FX units is multi-purpose, so you have generic FX parameter sliders instead of dedicated ones. You can have 3 delays, or no delays loaded, for example.

You'll want to search parameters starting with "Eff 1", "Eff 2" and "Eff 3". They also change their names depending on which FX is selected, but that shouldn't matter - their ID should be the same regardless of the effect loaded.

Hard work and guts!

Re: Presenting Pianoteq Parameters to Logic's Plist

EvilDragon wrote:

That is because each of the 3 FX units is multi-purpose, so you have generic FX parameter sliders instead of dedicated ones. You can have 3 delays, or no delays loaded, for example.

You'll want to search parameters starting with "Eff 1", "Eff 2" and "Eff 3". They also change their names depending on which FX is selected, but that shouldn't matter - their ID should be the same regardless of the effect loaded.

Ahh you are right - they are all there - 8 effect parameter for three effect slots - verified they work. Always preferable to have names presented but given they are in a column its pretty easy by order to know which parameter maps to which knob. Two parameters -amp and phaser - scrambled the order, the others are in order from top to bottom.

Thanks a lot.