Topic: Piano damper pedal isn't released when I stop playback in Sonar

Hello All,

I'm having a bit of a problem with Pianoteq 4 Stage in Sonar Professional. When I stop playback in my sequences, I'm getting lingering notes on my piano track if I stop playback while the damper pedal is on. I'm required to hit the Panic button every time I hit Stop.

All of my other VSTs behave correctly. For example, if I record a piano track with the Cakewalk TTS piano, the damper pedal is turned off when I hit Sonar's Stop button, and there are no lingering notes. The same track played through Pianoteq, however, does not turn off the damper pedal when I hit Stop.

I tried opening Pianoteq->Options->MIDI while playing so I can actually see the MIDI messages coming in as they're happening. I can see all the notes on and off messages as they're happening, and all the cc 64 on and off messages as they're happening. When I hit Stop playback, I can see all MIDI channels getting a All Notes Off message... but no controller off messages.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get Pianoteq to turn off controllers/cc64 when I stop playback in Sonar?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Piano damper pedal isn't released when I stop playback in Sonar

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?...ck.33.html

Hard work and guts!

Thanks EvilDragon, but I do have that option selected, and I'm still not getting cc 64 Off upon hitting Stop. Like I mentioned, my other VSTs are doing this correctly, it's only Pianoteq that's not doing this.

Pianoteq responds to controller resets on transport stop just fine over here in Reaper. So the fault is not in Pianoteq.

Last edited by EvilDragon (26-08-2017 21:13)
Hard work and guts!

Thanks for that info EvilDragon.