Topic: Request : Studiologic SL88 Grand

Hello,

i bought Pianoteq and need a good velocity curve for it. Can you help me ?

Re: Request : Studiologic SL88 Grand

It's fairly easy to create a velocity curve for the StudioLogic SL88 Grand manually by experimentation, or using Pianoteq's velocity curve helper/editor, depending on your particular characteristic touch on the keyboard.

What I found a little challenging with the SL88 Grand is that it was not very well calibrated in its velocity-sensing response, note-by-note over the entire range of the keyboard, so it's helpful to use the StudioLogic editor software (for Windows or MacOS) to change any inconsistencies you notice in the velocity response of the SL88.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Thank you for your help.

I have a CA95 here and find also no Velocity Curve for it. With my CA95 i only use for now the normal pattern without any Software and find it okay, so i have no experience with calibrating my keyboard with any software.
In my SL88 Grand i use the normal curve and the key Balance Setting 2 , both linearly increasing. i hope it works. I find it a lttle bit to hard.

One question :

When i want to calibrate my keyboard with the pianoteq Software is there a requirement that i set the velocity curve an key balance to horizontal on the SL88Grand or can i leave it at lineary increasing ?

Sorry for my sad english ;-)

@schalkerknappe

You can forget all the linear increasing and preset velocity curves. They don't work for me. The optimum would be to create your own special VC for your keyboard SL88 Grand. As I found out now, I can "lock the VC parameter" so I can use it with other instruments too. How exactly I can do that remains to be seen. My experience has been, that without a proper VC my bass notes are extremely heavy, whereas my higher notes appear thin. It's almost useless and unplayable. I created a VC for the YC5 and the result is perfect. Now it would be awesome to adapt this VC to my other instruments.

thx,

Otis

Last edited by Otis (23-08-2017 11:12)
U4, YC5, D4, K2, Pianoteq Standard 5.8.1, Win7 x64
Dell Latitude, Intel Core i5 2520M
CPU@2.50 GHz

schalkerknappe wrote:

When i want to calibrate my keyboard with the pianoteq Software is there a requirement that i set the velocity curve an key balance to horizontal on the SL88Grand or can i leave it at lineary increasing ?

Sorry for my sad english ;-)

Most digital pianos and MIDI keyboards have at least several velocity curve settings, such as "Normal," "Hard," and "Soft." You can use either the keyboard's own velocity curve options, or the software's velocity curve options or editor (such as Pianoteq's). If you use BOTH of the velocity curves, with both set to something other than a diagonal linear increase from 0 to 127, then the results might be confusing (or helpful, if you understand what you are doing).

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq