Topic: SoundCloud/Hearthis.at - comparative listening

Bonjour,
Facing the more and more threatening news about Soundcloud closure, I opened a Hearthis.com account and published my whole catalog.
Hearthis.com allowing you to choose streaming bitrate, I set it at 320kbps.
Among my last productions here is a little piece for piano. The same Flac file from Reaper render was uploaded to Soundcloud and Hearthis.at :

Soundcloud :
https://soundcloud.com/g-rard-delassus/sautillette

Hearthis.at (320kbps) :
https://hearthis.at/xnwdv7yv/sautillette/

Can you hear a difference ?

Last edited by Gaston (14-08-2017 02:00)

Re: SoundCloud/Hearthis.at - comparative listening

This report of a large investment in SoundCloud may interest you.

Haven't compared the two file yet (or even checked out Hearthis.com ).

StephenG

sjgcit wrote:

This report of a large investment in SoundCloud may interest you.

Thanks sjgcit !
Another link, straight from Soundcloud blog : http://press.soundcloud.com/157811-soun...nd-temasek

Haven't compared the two file yet (or even checked out Hearthis.com ).

I think it is worth it...
Another way to compare : check both bottom links in my signature...

I don't hear much difference when played through the speakers of my Samsung TV, but I enjoy your compositions.  Have you published the scores for any of the pieces?   I also notice you prefer the Grotrian Concert Royal.  Are you able to say what it is about this voice that you prefer over the others?

Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

how does Hearthis.at compare with Soundcloud re: spammy bot management?  it seems like on Soundcloud i get liked by obvious bots all the time.

GRB wrote:

I don't hear much difference when played through the speakers of my Samsung TV, but I enjoy your compositions.  Have you published the scores for any of the pieces?

No, nothing is written for the moment, it almost always begins with an improvisation, then I rework everything in Reaper Midi editor.
Maybe one day if I have the courage I will start writing the scores...

I also notice you prefer the Grotrian Concert Royal.  Are you able to say what it is about this voice that you prefer over the others?

It's just a matter of feeling.
I am comfortable with this piano, I forget that I'm playing a VSTi on a MIDI keyboard.

budo wrote:

how does Hearthis.at compare with Soundcloud re: spammy bot management?  it seems like on Soundcloud i get liked by obvious bots all the time.

It's less obvious on Hearthis.
On Soundcloud, every time I upload a new song, one or two new followers with differents names (often seductive girls with exotic forenames) but with the same background images pop up before you even have time to read the track ! If you go to their profile you just read "There is nothing to listen here"...
Sometimes I have reported and blocked someones, but it's wasted time, so now I give up...

Gaston wrote:
budo wrote:

It's less obvious on Hearthis.

Presumably that's mostly a consequence of Hearthis being fairly obscure.