Topic: Discount Sale: Pianoteq 5 Standard License

I purchased Pianoteq in December but it's not quite what I'm looking for. I'll sell my copy to you for $277 and also pay the license transfer fee. This is $42 off the sticker price.

I have the standard two instruments that come with it: the Grand D4 and the Grand K2. Message me if interested.

Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

Last edited by aprilwine (30-06-2017 07:40)

Re: Discount Sale: Pianoteq 5 Standard License

I'm surprised no one's interested in this... have I posted in the wrong place?

Perhaps try KvR marketplace: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43

Hard work and guts!

This post is from less than 3 hour ago. Give time and someone will appear.
And this forum is more about used by people who own pianoteq software.

Maybe the next update will be up to your taste.
May I ask what you found wrong with the actual models ?

aprilwine wrote:

At ca. 15% off, I suspect many people would rather buy new and then be able to resell themselves if they choose (transferred licenses can't be resold again).

To be interesting offer for any users of this forum, it should be at least 15% under the price of an upgrade from Stage to Standard... if I were you I'd rather keep it.

Beto-Music wrote:

This post is from less than 3 hour ago. Give time and someone will appear.

Maybe the next update will be up to your taste.
May I ask what you found wrong with the actual models ?

aprilwine wrote:

From what I have seen is that generally users of softwares who aren't satisfied with the current version to the point of getting rid of them won't be more with the next, unless something  really, really big happens (a la Microsoft ).

Any takers for $180?

Hello, How the seller will do to transfert the license ? And how the buyer will pay the price ?

Now there is a 30% discount for pianoteq standard, for this summer only.

https://www.pianoteq.com/buy

I'm waiting for the day instrument packs get a discount... 2x1, 3x2, -30%, -15%, whatever

Last edited by marcos daniel (24-07-2017 20:06)
Pianoteq Pro - Bechstein - Blüthner - Grotrian - K2 - Kremsegg 1 & 2 - Petrof - Steingraeber - Steinway B & D - YC5
Kawai CL35 & MP11

Hello, I finally did not buy this second hand software. Today I bought a new license of Pianoteq, with accoustic piano flavour and the two Kremsegg historical piano collections. I am very happy, all is very good and works perfectly. I use a high resolution MIDI keyboard with notes off velocity. I set internal sample rate 192 000 kHz, Host sample rate 192 000 kHz, buffer size 768, 5.2 ms, maximum polyphony 256. Even with my first price computer, the sound is very nice and there is no trouble. I have only a CPU overload if I press more than 25~30 keys at the same times, also with the pedal. I hope I did the correct setting.

I am new with electronic piano, and I have two questions :

1 - How much I must turn the volume button of my stereo amplifier ? I do not know the exact quantity of sound I must have. I can only compare with the acoustic piano I played, but I never played the real instruments reproduced by Pianoteq.

2 - My speakers and certainly also my stereo amplifier produce too much low and high frequency, the sound is colored and not neutral. How I can set the graphic equalizer of Windows to try to correct this problem and also try to adapt my speaker with my piano room ? I do not know the exact quantity of decibel I must set on each key of the equalizer.

Thank you for your help.

Yangyang wrote:

I set internal sample rate 192 000 kHz, Host sample rate 192 000 kHz, buffer size 768, 5.2 ms, maximum polyphony 256. Even with my first price computer, the sound is very nice and there is no trouble. I have only a CPU overload if I press more than 25~30 keys at the same times, also with the pedal. I hope I did the correct setting.

If you use pianoteq mainly to play standalone, 192 kHz is a waste of CPU power, unless you hear ultrasonics...I use 48 kHz and the buffer size is down to 64 giving a 1.3 ms internal latency. This way you won't get that much CPU overload.

@Yangyang:

This what I do:

1. Set dynamics to about 50dB, volume to 0 dB.
2. Turn the amp's volume to a moderate level.
3. Play fortissimo and lower/raise the volume of the amp to a level that meets your expectations in respect of the max. volume level.
4. Adjust the dynamics slider to the point where the sound seems natural to you when playing piano/pianissimo. If raised too high, you will get the feeling that someone fiddles with your amp's volume knob when playing piano and pianissimo passages in turn. If the setting is too low, soft passages will sound too loud and dull.

Note that each further volume change requires an adjustment of the dynamics. This is somewhat uncomfortable in some situations. I wish there was a knob to hold the "ratio" of volume and dynamics fixed, so that the current volume is kept for soft passages but raised/lowered for higher velocities.

The dynamics slider seems to work on a per-note basis, just as the "Equalizer" (not equ3) does. If set too high, it could happen that vertical notes gets altered in reference to their relative volumes up to a point where lower velocities are faded out. This should be kept in mind when replaying midi recordings.

In respect of your second question, what I would do is to take some neutral headphones as reference for the eq settings. Maybe equ3 in the effects section is good enough for your purpose. This way you could avoid external postprocessing.