Topic: Pianoteq as number 1

Well...

http://equipboard.com/posts/best-piano-vst

Re: Pianoteq as number 1

Pianoteq voted best of the top five instrument plugins by almost twice as many votes as the nearest competitor. Very nice.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Persistence and dedication brought this inovative technology this level.

This music fits well  :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLs4MGTTXRU

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

Pianoteq voted best of the top five instrument plugins by almost twice as many votes as the nearest competitor. Very nice.

Persistence and defication will get you and me a great setting, too.  It can take time, even with Stage . . . . but it's worth it for pianos which sound like a million dollars (Euros ha ha)

I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order

Was there ever a real competition?
Pianoteq has a room for improvement, but it's by far the best (and to me it's the only) one out there and the reason I bought a digital piano in the first place.

That being said.. any chance we're seeing a new version anytime soon?
It's my most anticipated software and I'm anxious to see what progress has been achieved since 5.8.1.

I don't know, but I would bet there will be improvement in 2018 or so. But this is just my bet...

Pianoteq was like the start of jet age in aircrafts.

bmoshe wrote:

Was there ever a real competition?
Pianoteq has a room for improvement, but it's by far the best (and to me it's the only) one out there and the reason I bought a digital piano in the first place.

That being said.. any chance we're seeing a new version anytime soon?
It's my most anticipated software and I'm anxious to see what progress has been achieved since 5.8.1.

I totally agree with their results as far as Pianoteq is best but their methodology is really not that robust -- searching the discussion forums and counting the number of recommendations by forum contributors.

Results could vary widely depending on the forum discussion treads included...etc. Also, one has to take into account the fact that the people will probably recommend the piano VST that they happen to own. So the results should probably taken with a grain of salt.

Having said that, I would like to add from my heart that I THINK PIANOTEQ IS AWESOME AND IS NUMBER ONE FOR SURE!!!! -- there, one more vote for Pianoteq should they decide to conduct another similar survey in the future!

Last edited by lo134 (11-07-2017 15:31)