Topic: Why do I need two usb cables with Pianoteq, but only one with iPad?

I have a Yamaha e453 keyboard which has a "usb to host" connection and a 1/8" audio in jack.  I like to use the keyboards internal speakers because it feels more real coming from the piano rather than external speakers.

So.. If I use my iPad with a program like iGrand, I only need one usb cable for midi and audio.  I use a usb adapter to plug into my iPad's port and that goes into my keyboard's "usb to host" connection.  I can control iGrand and hear iGrand's audio through my keyboard.

I'd love to be able to use one USB cable for Pianoteq as well.  But I cannot figure out how to do that.  Currently I have to use one usb cable to control midi, and a second usb cable from my computer into Traktor 2 device, which then goes into my keyboard's audio in with a 1/8" jack.

Is there any way to send all midi and audio through one usb cable like on the ipad?  If not, why?  Is this a driver issue?  Is it because iPad is specially designed to handle this? 

Obviously my keyboard is able to use midi and audio through the "usb to host" connection.  So why can't Pianoteq take advantage of this?

Last edited by Fscotte55 (05-06-2017 13:15)

Re: Why do I need two usb cables with Pianoteq, but only one with iPad?

It would be helpful to say what platform you use, though I'd guess a Mac.   This issue is nothing to do with Pianoteq, its a driver issue for your computer to use your Yamaha keyboard as an audio device.   I believe Ipad only support USB audio standard, so therefore I conclude that the Yamaha must use USB1 or USB2 audio standard which should work on any platform (Win,Mac,Linux).   To me its seems mostly like an issue of understanding how to configure audio devices on whatever platform you are using.

Re: Why do I need two usb cables with Pianoteq, but only one with iPad?

Yes, my bad figured it out.  Using wrong USB driver.  Thanks for the reply.