Topic: Set-up for new pianoteq user

Hi everyone,

I am a professionally trained classical pianist about to start with Pianoteq. I have just moved to a new country and I need to buy everything from scratch. I think I have planned my set-up correctly to have a smooth experience with pianoteq, could you please indicate me if the set-up below is OK? My budget is about 1000-1500 USD.

1. MIDI controller: Roland A-88 (I tried many Roland and Yamaha at a local store and I was happily surprised by the key action in this one). 780 USD

(pair of MIDI cables)

2. External audio device: Zoom UAC-2 USB 3.0. 230 USD

(USB cable)

3. Laptop computer (already bought). Nice i7-7600U at 2.9 GHz, 16 GB of RAM, Windows 10 64 bits.

4. Nice headphones (already bought), Beyerdynamic DT-770 PRO 80 ohm.

I am thinking about using this for studying and recording some pieces, but as I said, I am not sure if the set-up is correct. Also, is it ok to use the same USB cable for data input and output simultaneously? (from Zoom to PC to run pianoteq and back to Zoom to produce the sound). Should I expect a high latency?

Thank you very much and sorry if the question is too obvious

Last edited by Michi (14-05-2017 13:53)

Re: Set-up for new pianoteq user

Pretty good planning ... but you did not mention (as in, "already bought") what level Pianoteq you are getting -

Lanny

Nice, thanks for the feedback!

Well, that depended if my planning was adequate or not If that is fine, I guess I can go for the $250 version. Is there a big difference compared to the $100 version? I think the only useful feature for me would be the positioning of mics, but I am not sure...

Michi wrote:

I guess I can go for the $250 version. Is there a big difference compared to the $100 version? I think the only useful feature for me would be the positioning of mics, but I am not sure...

Anther important feature of PianoTeq "Standard" is the ability to use different Tuning Systems.  Essential if you want to enjoy the historic instruments included.