Topic: looking for a good midi file of "Clair de lune"

Hi all,

There is a very long time i don't came back here...

I am searching for a good/the best possible midi file of "Clair de lune"...

If one of you know where i can found a very good one, or own it, or accept to register it in Pianoteq...i will be really happy.

Thank's in advance

PS: of course i have been searching in a lot of place before asking...

Last edited by imyself (20-04-2017 15:00)

Re: looking for a good midi file of "Clair de lune"

I found a quality midi file...

... and would you care to post the midi file here?

Tnx,  Lanny

LTECpiano wrote:

... and would you care to post the midi file here?

Tnx,  Lanny

of course... here is the link

http://scena.org/midi/music/index.html

search for Debussy: Suite Bergamasque

and in the zip file, the third is "Clair de lune"

Hello to the originator of this thread.

I completely understand what you intend by the term "good midi" of Clair de Lune:  you are seeking a midi capture of a live performance of the work, with pedaling and other performance nuances intact.  Step-entered midi sequences or midi files that have been converted from step-entered notation programs ... simply lack that "human touch" only a live performer can give to a piece.

Please be aware that, even though a good performer can render a great live performance that happens to be captured by midi, one cannot simply "graft" one midi performance onto just any other sample library or even Pianoteq.  Why not?  That's because a good performer interacts with his or her instrument in real time, depending on the condition and quality of the instrument.

So, just to take a "good midi" performance of Clair de Lune and play it back through Pianoteq, WILL render a performance that is better than a step-entered file, but will fall short of sounding correctly on Pianoteq.

Enough of my rambling.

Cheers,

Joe

jcfelice88keys wrote:

Hello to the originator of this thread.

I completely understand what you intend by the term "good midi" of Clair de Lune:  you are seeking a midi capture of a live performance of the work, with pedaling and other performance nuances intact.  Step-entered midi sequences or midi files that have been converted from step-entered notation programs ... simply lack that "human touch" only a live performer can give to a piece.

Please be aware that, even though a good performer can render a great live performance that happens to be captured by midi, one cannot simply "graft" one midi performance onto just any other sample library or even Pianoteq.  Why not?  That's because a good performer interacts with his or her instrument in real time, depending on the condition and quality of the instrument.

So, just to take a "good midi" performance of Clair de Lune and play it back through Pianoteq, WILL render a performance that is better than a step-entered file, but will fall short of sounding correctly on Pianoteq.

Enough of my rambling.

Cheers,

Joe

Thank you for your post.
Regards
Hervé