Re: Which Pianoteq piano is your "go-to" instrument?

I got all my parametes fixed for all instruments.  Otherwise i'd get no work done.  So I switch between Bechstein, D4 and K2.  There's no variation within the makes, but great variation between them.  3 distinctly different instruments.  Love 'em all . . .:)

I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order

I just played a midi file of a 12-tone serial work I'm writing through a few different pianos, and I may settle on the Grotrian (Concert Royal fwiw) for this piece.  I imagine people prefer different pianos for different pieces, at least for different genres.

Very interesting thread. The Blüthner is my go-to instrument. AB perspective. I shall be trying your Vol. -6, Dyn. 36 suggestion Joe. May I ask, do you use these volume and dynamics with or without limiter enabled?

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Better have limiter enabled to avoid nasty surprises. Having lots of fff notes under sustain pedal will clip the output eventually, unless you reduce the volume even further down, to -12 or perhaps even -18 dB if you're especially forceful. Then, of course, you need to compensate on the speakers.

Last edited by EvilDragon (13-04-2017 23:22)
Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Better have limiter enabled to avoid nasty surprises. Having lots of fff notes under sustain pedal will clip the output eventually, unless you reduce the volume even further down, to -12 or perhaps even -18 dB if you're especially forceful. Then, of course, you need to compensate on the speakers.

Thank you evil-dragon, this explains a few things!

Kindest Regards,

Chris