Topic: Elegie

A thank you to you Modartt for my voucher for entering the PianoTEQ Video Contest...

https://vimeo.com/204547572

Re: Elegie

Great performance and beautiful piece of music. Who is the composer?

Thanks for posting this.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Thank you Stephen

The composer is a French lady. I'll dig out the details later. Glad you liked the piece

Kindest Regards

Chris

sigasa wrote:

Thank you Stephen

The composer is a French lady. I'll dig out the details later. Glad you liked the piece

Kindest Regards

Chris

Beautiful!

Thank you Honjr

Kindest Regards,

Chris

sigasa wrote:

Thank you Stephen

Kindest Regards

Chris

The piece is called Élégie and is No.7 from Album des enfants, Series 2, Op. 126 and the composer is Cécile Chaminade.

"Cécile Chamimade (1857-1944) was a French pianist and composer who made her debut as a soloist at the age of 18. She was successful as a performer in the early 20th century, touring France, England and the USA where the novelty of a woman playing her own music became a special attraction. Her composition include not only choral, orchestral and chamber music, and songs, but also about 200 piano pieces, which became popular partly because they were easy enough for amateur pianists."

Information copied from footnote in ABRSM Grade 6 Selected Piano Exam Pieces 2011 & 2012.

Kindest Regards,

Chris

Thank you. I had heard of (and heard some works of) C. Chaminade many times, but always thought it was a male composer. It's nice to know that it was a female composer who was well-regarded even in her own time.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq