Topic: Korg Kronos 2 vs Casio Privia current generation to control Pianoteq

Would you say a Korg with RH3 action is as good as the current generation of Casio Privia action - Tri-sensor Scaled Hammer Action II, to controll Pianoteq?
Is the Korg as realistic\piano like as the Casios?

The Casios considered to be very playable and nice and quite popular among pianists, while Korg is not very popular among strict piano players and have pretty bad reputation among them.

But then again, the Korg Kronos 2 is 5-10 time the price of some the Privias.

The Korg also have aftertouch, and the Casios don't.
I heard that realistic action and aftertouch don't go together, is it true?
Is aftertouch necessarily ruins the realism of the keybed?
Is there any keyboard with aftertouch you would recommand for controlling pianoteq?
Is there any keyboard with aftertouch you would say is as piano like as the Casios?

Re: Korg Kronos 2 vs Casio Privia current generation to control Pianoteq

Kronos doesn't have triple sensors.

Realistic action and aftertouch do and can go together, Fatar shows it (TP40WOOD can have aftertouch optionally, and you can get this on Viscount K4 optionally - but it'll cost ya).

And no, aftertouch doesn't necessarily ruin the realism - as long as you don't press down harder after you press down on a key.

Hard work and guts!

Re: Korg Kronos 2 vs Casio Privia current generation to control Pianoteq

I've heard great things about the Kawai ES110. Even though it has two sensors, it's supposed to have great action.

The Casio action is very satisfying as far as expressiveness, but it's very loud, and with two Casio keyboards - PX350 and PX160, they got louder the more I played them. Because of the loudness, the PX350 I sold to get the PX160. Then after a year, the PX160 was making a lot of thumping when I played, so I brought it in to get repaired, fortunately under warranty. They replaced the keybed. Now it's for sale because during the repair, I bought the Roland FP90 which has an amazing action.

Pianoteq 6 Std, Bluthner, Model B, Grotian, YC5, Hohner, Kremsegg #1, Electric Pianos. Roland FP-90, Windows 10 quad core, Xenyx Q802USB, Yamaha HS8 monitors, Audio Technica
ATH-M50x headphones.