Topic: Novation, M-audio midi controllers.

I'm about to purchase a Novation launchkey 25 for its portability with my netbook for when I am outside. Does anyone have an experience with this kind of device + Pianoteq? Any issues?

Last edited by Lucy (19-02-2017 23:05)

Re: Novation, M-audio midi controllers.

That's a cute little keyboard! I've no direct experience with it, other than briefly tinkling on a LaunchKey 49 at a local Guitar Center. I ended up getting an Alesis VI61, which works well with Pianoteq. Even better, both keyboards have velocity sensitive pads that are just asking for drum sounds, and so if you do get your LaunchKey, be sure to get Reaper or similar DAW so you can play piano on the keys and drums on the pads. Good luck with your purchase, and please let us know what keyboard controller you get eventually and how well you like it.

Thank you for the reply.

Is the pitch bend supported in pianoteq with Alesis VI61? Does it work when you record in pianoteq? I find it convenient to record and save midi with pianoteq. If the pitch bend info is kept in the generated midi file it would be great.

Last edited by Lucy (20-02-2017 01:43)

If it sends pitch bend messages (which it does), it will work with Pianoteq.

Hard work and guts!

Lucy wrote:

Is the pitch bend supported in pianoteq with Alesis VI61? Does it work when you record in pianoteq? I find it convenient to record and save midi with pianoteq. If the pitch bend info is kept in the generated midi file it would be great.

Yes, pitch bend works fine with Alesis to Pianoteq although I rarely use it. I use it much more when playing my Alesis through Repear to a synthesizer VST.