Topic: Newbie help: stopping other programs from sounding.

Hi.  I have what is probably a dumb question, but I'm trying to figure out how to stop my MacBook from playing any other sounds like e-mail alerts when Pianoteq is running.  Practicing late at night through headphones and hearing a kabing is a little jarring.  Thanks.

Re: Newbie help: stopping other programs from sounding.

Hi
Here is how I do it. Select Mail - Preferences - General tab - Mail sound. On top of the soundlist choose  ”none”. Hope it help. I have a Mac Mini 2014.

Pianoteqenthusiast wrote:

Hi
Here is how I do it. Select Mail - Preferences - General tab - Mail sound. On top of the soundlist choose  ”none”. Hope it help. I have a Mac Mini 2014.

Thanks.  I use Outlook so did something similar.  That should help a great deal.  I thought there would be a setting to give only one program access to audio when running, but maybe not.

In system preferences, Sound,  there are tabs for sound effects and output.  They can be muted separately.  Muting the sound effects makes sure that any incoming alerts will not sound.

sandalholme wrote:

In system preferences, Sound,  there are tabs for sound effects and output.  They can be muted separately.  Muting the sound effects makes sure that any incoming alerts will not sound.

I think that's about as close as I'll get, and it'll work well.  Thanks.