Topic: Waltz 1 - Grotrian Concert Royal

---

Waltz 1
featuring the Pianoteq Grotrian Concert Royal grand piano model

https://youtu.be/dr3vCTSSCWw
---

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (17-03-2017 18:18)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Re: Waltz 1 - Grotrian Concert Royal

Stephen, that is quite nice - the Grotrian is so fine and you have made a fine example playing your original piece.

Lanny

Thank you Lanny.

The first video I posted was shortly after I finished composing the piece, and it sounded a little awkward to me, so I practiced the piece a little more, to get some muscle memory to help me play with a little more ease, and replaced the video with an updated one.

I love the Pianoteq Grotrian Concert Royal grand piano.

--

LTECpiano wrote:

Stephen, that is quite nice - the Grotrian is so fine and you have made a fine example playing your original piece.

Lanny

Agree - another outstanding, sensitive piece and performance by Mr. Stephen Doonan!!

honjr wrote:

Agree - another outstanding, sensitive piece and performance by Mr. Stephen Doonan!!

Thank you, Hugh. I really enjoy the creativity of composing, but I get a little tired of practicing a piece over and over again so many times, in order to play it with just a fraction of the ease that a well-trained and proficient pianist can fairly easily manage. The cancer I had (now in remission) damaged my right arm and hand, which makes it a little more difficult, but playing piano is good therapy for recovery.

Best wishes,
Steve

--

Stephen_Doonan wrote:
honjr wrote:

Thank you, Hugh. I really enjoy the creativity of composing, but I get a little tired of practicing a piece over and over again so many times, in order to play it with just a fraction of the ease that a well-trained and proficient pianist can fairly easily manage. The cancer I had (now in remission) damaged my right arm and hand, which makes it a little more difficult, but playing piano is good therapy for recovery.

Best wishes,
Steve

Stephen, glad to hear it's in remission! It is clear you chose a good therapeutic treatment - any damages to your right arm and hand do not show. And your left hand is featured well here. Thank you!!