Topic: VST 3 and hermode tuning

Hi PTQ Team!
1.)  Do you plan a VST 3 version ?
2.)  any chance for an implementation of hermode tuning?

greetings!

Re: VST 3 and hermode tuning

Hi azrael,

We have no plans for VST3 for now. Regarding Hermode, you can use Logic Pro , which provides hermode tuning via midi "realtime tuning" messages. These messages are supported by Pianoteq 5. I don't know if there are other hosts that implement hermode tuning.

julien wrote:

Hi azrael,

We have no plans for VST3 for now. Regarding Hermode, you can use Logic Pro , which provides hermode tuning via midi "realtime tuning" messages. These messages are supported by Pianoteq 5. I don't know if there are other hosts that implement hermode tuning.

Thank you Julien!

Hermode tuning is implemeneted in Cubase also since Version 7.0.  to play the instrument VST2 live it has to understand   "note expression". A dynamic tuning while playing is only supportet for VST3 instruments.

So I think the normal hermode tuning should work with the actual version of PTQ as it does understand "Note expression"? (not quite shure)

It would be fine to use it also with PTQ stand alone, that's why I've asked for it. Maybe ther are to less interests for that in the comunity. In my opinion tuning is a underestimated part in modern music and with this invention of hermode tuning keyboard instrument could be brought back on the road-closer to somwhat like "just intonation" without jusing an  instrument like the "Reinharmonium" of Helmholtz or the Ortonophonium.
I am not really shure if "hermode tuning" can do that job properly, but I am starting the testing and therefor I'm checking the requirements. Would love to do it with Pianoteq!

So is it right that PTQ understands Note Expression? (What I think itdoes)

Thank you again!

Azrael4

Pianoteq understands MIDI realtime tuning messages, not note expression (note expression is part of VST3, not VST2). So, if Cubase implemented Hermode only via note expressions, they did it wrongly (well, they did it to coerce everyone to use VST3, which is full of pitfalls even years after they released the standard). They should've done it like Logic did, using MIDI tuning messages, so that both VST2 and VST3 plugins which are written properly to read those messages can use it...

Last edited by EvilDragon (20-05-2015 10:06)
Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Pianoteq understands MIDI realtime tuning messages, not note expression (note expression is part of VST3, not VST2). So, if Cubase implemented Hermode only via note expressions, they did it wrongly (well, they did it to coerce everyone to use VST3, which is full of pitfalls even years after they released the standard). They should've done it like Logic did, using MIDI tuning messages, so that both VST2 and VST3 plugins which are written properly to read those messages can use it...

Well, I see I'm "fucked up" with cubase the first time! Too sad-because I would like to hear the hermod tuning on PTQ. Anyway!

Thank you E. Dragon!

P.S. Cubase and Nuendo users must be a very small group on the dark side of the universe!

I would like to bump this thread regarding vst3, is there any plans now to make a VST 3 version of pianoteq?