Topic: Pianoteq and Komplete Kontrol (nks format)

Are there any plans on adding nks support to Pianoteq?

It would be a great deal for those who own komplete kontrol keyboards (especially the 88 key version).

Are some of you guys also using the NI keyboards?

Re: Pianoteq and Komplete Kontrol (nks format)

Hello devs! What is the status of this one, I wonder? Do you have opinions on NKS?

It's not exactly difficult to map and there is some auto-mapping going on anyway which is often pretty good, but done properly it could maybe be a good opportunity to flesh out most useful parameters first (and with good titles/descriptions) which in turn could prompt more people to mangle the sound of your presets (which would be a good thing, right? ). Also a good preset browser per instrument, especially together with sound samples that come with recent upgrade to NKS would be very nice!

I'd be interested in NKS support for Pianoteq. Anything to share?

We have been working on this with N.I. , and it should happen soon !

Brilliant!!

Hard work and guts!

Thanks for the update Julien.

While you’re sharing, how’s the iOS version coming...?

Implying they even started working on it, which might not be a case at all

Last edited by EvilDragon (13-01-2018 01:12)
Hard work and guts!

Hi Gang:

As a Blind owner of Pianoteq Pro, I would like a list of parameters that can be accessed via Komplete Kontrol since, the Komplete Kontrol keyboards are self-voicing.

Here are the NKS parameters available with Pianoteq std/pro:

[General]
  Volume
  Condition
  Dynamics
[Hammer]
  Hard P
  Hard M
  Hard F
  Noise
[Reverb]
  Mix

[Pedals]
  Sustain
  Soft
  Celeste
  Harmonic
  Rattle
  Buff Stop
  Flageolet
  Glissando

[Spectrum]
  Prof 1
  Prof 2
  Prof 3
  Prof 4
  Prof 5
  Prof 6
  Prof 7
  Prof 8

[Tuning]
  Unison
  Unison Bal
  Diapason
  Stretch
  DirectSnd

[Design]
  Impedance
  Cutoff
  Q Factor
  Length
  Resonance
  Duplex
[Blooming]
  Energy
  Inertia

[Action]
  Damper
  Dmp Noise
  Key Noise
  Pdl Noise
[FX]
  effect 1
  effect 2
  effect 3

[Reverb]
  On/Off
  Amount
  Duration
  Tone
  Room Size
  Predelay
  Tail/ER
  Stereo

I see it in Pianoteq Pro 6.5. Does this mean that Pianoteq will run in Kontakt/Komplete?

Kawai MP11SE / Pianoteq Pro Studio Bundle v7.5.2 (includes every Pianoteq instrument - 21 currently)

Pianoteq can run in Komplete Kontrol, not Kontakt. Kontakt is an entirely different thing.

Last edited by EvilDragon (18-05-2019 14:52)
Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Pianoteq can run in Komplete Kontrol, not Kontakt. Kontakt is an entirely different thing.

Just to be clear, are you saying that Pianoteq can be integrated into a Native Instruments midi controller? I thought that Kontakt Player was included with Komplete 12. Is Komplete Kontrol the hardware controller and Komplete 12 the libraries +Kontakt Player?

Kawai MP11SE / Pianoteq Pro Studio Bundle v7.5.2 (includes every Pianoteq instrument - 21 currently)

Komplete Kontrol is plugin hosting software that is used in conjunction with NI's S-series keyboards. Kontakt Player is not included with Komplete 12, but FULL version of Kontakt (not Player) is included in it.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Komplete Kontrol is plugin hosting software that is used in conjunction with NI's S-series keyboards. Kontakt Player is not included with Komplete 12, but FULL version of Kontakt (not Player) is included in it.

Okay, let me be sure about this, Pianoteq will work with Komplete 12 but it doesn't work via Kontakt because it isn't a Kontakt sample library. And, none of that requires NI hardware. Is that correct?

Pianoteq will work within Komplete Kontrol, the software - since it's essentially a plugin host with some extra features. Komplete 12 is a bundle of many different programs and sample libraries. You don't need to have NI hardware to use it, but that's kinda missing the point behind NKS.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Pianoteq will work within Komplete Kontrol, the software - since it's essentially a plugin host with some extra features. Komplete 12 is a bundle of many different programs and sample libraries. You don't need to have NI hardware to use it, but that's kinda missing the point behind NKS.

Following up on this as I'd like to understand "the point behind NKS." What exactly does the NKS plugin in Pianoteq allow you to do?

I have a Native Instruments S-series keyboard (mark II), and I have Kontakt and Komplete. But it's totally unclear to me how the NKS plugin helps with any of this. Does it mean I can control Pianoteq parameters, record/play/pause, etc. with my NI keyboard? Or what?

Thanks for any clarification.

That's exactly what it means. And some more things.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s...is-is-nks/

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

That's exactly what it means. And some more things.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s...is-is-nks/

Thanks. I actually watched the videos on that page before coming here, as they didn't actually clarify much for me, but I'll watch them a few more times and see if it starts making sense. But it sounds like if I use Komplete Kontrol standalone (or in a DAW that recognizes my NI keyboard), I can control and tweak Pianteq with my NI keyboard, yes?

And to be doubly clear, I can't launch Pianoteq standalone and expect to be able to control things like transport (record, start/stop, play) with my NI keyboard...I'd have to do those things from within a DAW or standalone Komplete Kontrol?

Thanks.

Maybe someone can help me with this. I have Pianoteq loading with the NKS on my Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88 keyboard and it is awesome. My problem is, the plug in parameters are all Japanese characters. Is there a way to make that English?