Topic: Requests for Mic page interface

1. Above the output grid on mics page, the name of each mic is a little hard to read, given the gray text on a light blue background. Would white text against a black background be more clear?

2. Would it be good have a single button beside each mic that set it directly on axis to the soundboard? Having to use the two arched, double-arrow headed controls in the Top and Front view panes requires a bit more fiddling around than I want. And it's hard to see when the mics are actually perfectly on axis without going into the Mic Position dialog box.

3. Would it be good to somehow mark the mics with the conventional pattern diagrams that mic makes use for cardiod, figure eight, and omni mics? The diagram might appear below the picture of the mic above the output grid, although this would mean enlarging the pane that shows the picture of the mic. Of course, this seems redundant for mics such as the U87 omni's and the ones named as cardioids, but some mics, such as the DPA's are omnidirectional, while looking more like directional mics.

4. I'm sure Julien will curse me for this request, but it would very nice if the diagram for the mic in the top view and front view panes changed to reflect the type of mic that is being used. Now, for me at least, the display is a little confusing when setting up, say, the C414 figure-8 mics. They are addressed from the side, so the mic stem on the real mic is parallel to the sound source. Presumably, in the current diagram, the stem is instead ideally vertical to the sound source, and the gray response area does reflect this situation, but I find myself often wanting to set it up like the real mic. Maybe it's just me.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (11-09-2016 18:15)