Topic: MIDI output on preset load?

Hi,
Spending a little time working with Pianoteq+MIDI, which I haven't in awhile.  I have a keyboard + encoder controller (Novation SL MKII), which is controlling Pianoteq parameters just fine.  However, the reverse is not happening-- Shouldn't Pianoteq send all it's parameters out via MIDI when a new preset is loaded or parameter is changed (or at least the ones for the current mapping)?  This updates any physical controllers/indicators.  I thought I recalled this working fine awhile ago- just want to confirm so I know where to look for the problem.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: MIDI output on preset load?

Anyone?  Does Pianoteq send MIDI parameters out when a preset is loaded, in order to update external hardware & software?

Thanks,
Brian

I don't think it does.

Hard work and guts!

Necroing this topic because I also have this problem. With vsthost, I can get Pianoteq to synchronize the (mouse-dragged) parameters to my MIDI controller, but on a preset change, although the parameters change values, the MIDI controller does not get informed.

Which brings me to a feature I have been missing from the beginning on: MIDI synchronization (or feedback, or however it's called) in the standalone version. Without some kind of DAW or other hosting program that loads Pianoteq as VST, there is no possibility at all of getting Pianoteq to send back its MIDI parameters to an external controller. Is this such a rare use case?

Agreed, thanks for the +1.  Unless I'm missing some other method, it seems that this need would be very common in a DAW workflow.