Topic: Mistheria plays Vivaldi on Piano(teq) | The Four Seasons

My Piano series of the Vivaldi's masterwork "The Four Seasons" is now complete featuring all 12 movements recorded on Piano solo using Pianoteq 5 Pro.

The album "Mistheria plays Vivaldi on Piano | The Four Seasons" is available on Bandcamp at:
https://mistheria.bandcamp.com/album/mi...ur-seasons

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/6a63...00_s_2.jpg

Last edited by Mistheria (31-07-2016 10:14)

Re: Mistheria plays Vivaldi on Piano(teq) | The Four Seasons

Sounds well performed.

Another good work of yours.

Thanks! So glad that you liked it, much appreciated!

You are probably the right person, with artistic and technical skills, to make my idea turns real.

I was wondering about pianoteq model D preset Hybrid (organ+piano). Personaly it sounds cool, with the best of organ and piano.
I imagine if was possible to render the original Bach's organ score for Toccata and Fugue in D minor using the Hybrid preset.

Organs have multiple registers plus the sounds of pedals. So it would require to use a sequencer, like Cubase, to get multiple pianoteq instances, adjusting pianoteq features to create alterations of sounds for each one, to try simulate different registers and the pedal sound.

What about that?

:-)

Mistheria wrote:

Thanks! So glad that you liked it, much appreciated!

Last edited by Beto-Music (05-08-2016 14:41)

Hi Beto-Music,

well, that's sure possible using a sequencer and multiple instances of Pianoteq, exactly as you mentioned. In any instance of Pianoteq you can assign different sounds and/or edit sounds the way you like it. Each "track" will be a staff-line and so they will be totally separated from each other including volume, effects, etc.

Yes. But it requires someone who understand about organs, or have a organ as reference. I do not know how much differences it needs from one pianoteq instance to another, specially to try emulate the sound of organ's pedals.

Mistheria wrote:

Hi Beto-Music,

well, that's sure possible using a sequencer and multiple instances of Pianoteq, exactly as you mentioned. In any instance of Pianoteq you can assign different sounds and/or edit sounds the way you like it. Each "track" will be a staff-line and so they will be totally separated from each other including volume, effects, etc.

Oh well... I thought you want to use only Piano sounds.. Pianoteq does not have Organ sounds by now, we have Harpsichord, old Pianos, Bells, etc. So I thought you want to use those sounds...

No, you were right. I want only pianoteq sounds.

Pianoteq Steinway (model D4) have a nice preset called Hybrid, that sounds like a combination of organ and piano, but it have enought "taste of organ" to try this idea of mine, using multiple tracks in a sequencer.

I like Toccata and Fugue in D minor, but I like the strings adapted version a bit more than the original organ version. But pianoteq D4 Hybrid preset instead of a pure organ tone have a nice hybrid tone (piano+organ) in such way that make it sounds nice enough to try Toccata and Fugue D minor in the original Organ score (some extra sustein will be needed to try to ressamble the long notes of organs).
This could be nice homege to pianoteq.

Sorry if my original decription was somehow confused.   :-)

You make a interesting point, maybe could be nice to try to combine a harpsichord sound with other pianoteq model sound, to get a new sound. Maybe for the pedals (organ pedals) notes in the organ score, it could use harpsichord's sound combined with the D4 Hybrid preset sound.

Mistheria wrote:

Oh well... I thought you want to use only Piano sounds.. Pianoteq does not have Organ sounds by now, we have Harpsichord, old Pianos, Bells, etc. So I thought you want to use those sounds...

Last edited by Beto-Music (09-08-2016 00:32)

Yes sure no problem! ;-)

Indeed, I'd suggest to use several different sounds, for example Bach used to play Harpsichord with pedalboard to study at home, so you can even use Harpsichord sound for pedals. Please let me know if you go ahead with this arrangement... it'd be cool! ;-)