Topic: MrDebussy

A short piece, using Bluthner, partially inspired by Debussy.

https://soundcloud.com/honjr/mrdebussy-8

Re: MrDebussy

Just beautiful! You must focus a lot of time and effort upon composition to be so prolific. I often chide myself that I spend too much time doing other things and don't devote enough to my musical interest.

Anyway, thank you so much, again, for posting your compositions.

May I ask what part of the world you call home, and a little about your background? This is a personal question, so please feel free to ignore it.

Another gorgeous piece. Your work is inspiring.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (05-05-2016 21:18)
--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

Just beautiful! Another gorgeous piece. You must focus a lot of time and effort upon composition to be so prolific. I often chide myself that I spend too much time doing other things and don't devote enough to my musical interest.

Anyway, thank you so much, again, for posting your compositions.

May I ask what part of the world you call home, and a little about your background? This is a personal question, so please feel free to ignore it.

Beautiful piece--

Thank you! I composed this last one last summer (I posted it only now because I saw that someone who makes some superb French music just started following me on Soundcloud and I thought I would pay homage to the French for Debussy's amazing contributions to art. By the way, one of my favorite photographs of musicians is of DeBussy with Stravinsky - the passing of the torch).

Well, home is in eastern coast US, background in sports, piano (classical/jazz), teaching, then physics, more teaching, then derivative securities (risk management, not speculation!), then retirement and composing. My wife makes jewelry and my daughter is in high school. I could easily get you my email address, just not sure how to do it privately.

honjr wrote:

Thank you! I composed this last one last summer (I posted it only now because I saw that someone who makes some superb French music just started following me on Soundcloud

If you mean Gerard Delassus, I agree. I'm now following both you and him on SoundCloud.

honjr wrote:

By the way, one of my favorite photographs of musicians is of DeBussy with Stravinsky - the passing of the torch).

That's a nice photo (I just googled it) of Debussy standing behind a seated Stravinsky (if that is the photo you referred to). Thank you for mentioning a little about your current life and background. It is very interesting. I live in New Mexico, US; not in one of the many beautiful parts, but instead in the bleak and harsh eastern plains, where (believe it or not) there is not a single native species of tree, only briefly-greening dry grassland and some tenacious shrubs and hardy weeds. But even bleak harshness can be beautiful and deeply poignant, and the skies and clouds can be magnificent.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Hi, honjr.

May I ask what preset do you use, and also could you share the midi file you used to records this?

AlexS wrote:

Hi, honjr.

May I ask what preset do you use, and also could you share the midi file you used to records this?

Hi - I uploaded a PT 4 fxp used for this piece. A few plugins were used - compression, EQ, and reverb - but will not drastically alter the character. There are too many notes for solo performance, you'd need two pianos - please let me think about whether I want to release the midi, thanks!