Topic: Multiplet

Bluthner with max Direct Sound Duration, no pedal, used on original composition with several interlocking themes. Improved version 3 is linked below:

https://soundcloud.com/honjr/multipletv3

Last edited by honjr (01-05-2016 16:00)

Re: Multiplet

Another great composition, very interesting, harmonically rich and sometimes a little wonderfully eerie. Thank you so much for posting your compositions, honjr.

--
Linux, Pianoteq Pro, Organteq

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

Another great composition, very interesting, harmonically rich and sometimes a little wonderfully eerie. Thank you so much for posting your compositions, honjr.

Thank you Stephen, coming from you that means a lot!!

I'm just another composer, that's all, and I'm grateful that I can recognize and appreciate good music when I hear it, and the accomplishment of its composer.

When I began my creative endeavors years ago, I was torn between visual and audio art, between drawing or painting and music. I chose music because to me it was the more challenging and abstract of the two types of creativity. I have enjoyed what seems like a long journey with music so far in this life, and that creative exploration has remained with me, constantly in my consciousness somewhere, even during the worst, most uncomfortable and most challenging periods of my life, and I'm grateful for that.

At any rate, I hope that you will continue to post your compositions here at the Pianoteq forum or elsewhere (like your own website, SoundCloud, BandCamp, ReverbNation, etc.) for others such as myself to enjoy and to gain inspiration from. I plan to do the same, although I sometimes work on a piece off-and-on for several years before I'm satisfied that it is complete and am happy with it.

Anyway, very nice to hear your music. Thank you. :-)

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (05-05-2016 19:18)
--

Stephen_Doonan wrote:

I'm just another composer, that's all, and I'm grateful that I can recognize and appreciate good music when I hear it, and the accomplishment of its composer.

When I began my creative endeavors years ago, I was torn between visual and audio art, between drawing or painting and music. I chose music because to me it was the more challenging and abstract of the two types of creativity. I have enjoyed what seems like a long journey with music so far in this life, and that creative exploration has remained with me, constantly in my consciousness somewhere, even during the worst, most uncomfortable and most challenging periods of my life, and I'm grateful for that.

At any rate, I hope that you will continue to post your compositions here at the Pianoteq forum or elsewhere (like your own website, SoundCloud, BandCamp, ReverbNation, etc.) for others such as myself to enjoy and to gain inspiration from. I plan to do the same, although I sometimes work on a piece off-and-on for several years before I'm satisfied that it is complete and am happy with it.

Anyway, very nice to hear your music. Thank you. :-)

Thanks Stephen! I too see music as one of life's sources of consolation and strength. I look forward to your next steps and other compositions - I don't care if they are finished or not as long as there's something behind them but I would never want to pressure anyone into publishing - it's your decision. Shortly I will be posting another short composition that is influenced by DeBussy (although I've never done more than sight read a couple of his pieces years ago, they left an "impression" - a term he hated when applied to his own music, apparently). Enjoy!

honjr wrote:

Shortly I will be posting another short composition that is influenced by DeBussy (although I've never done more than sight read a couple of his pieces years ago, they left an "impression" - a term he hated when applied to his own music, apparently). Enjoy!

I look forward to that. Even as I'm trying to think of additional material for the sketch "Dark Matter," I have begun to work on a second piece, "Dark Energy," of what I hope will be a suite of 3 brief sketches:  "Subatomic Suite,"  including "Dark Matter," "Dark Energy" and "Quarks" (or "Subatomic Transients").

I like many of Debussy's compositions, although I find myself drawn more to his 13-year younger contemporary Ravel for impressionistic work, for perhaps purely personal and subjective reasons. I also love French impressionist visual art. It is hard to imagine how dull and weighty life would be without creative art, and it is a wonder that such art is not as well-supported as it should be. Even a modest, average businessman is often rewarded more than a great (although possibly relatively obscure) artist.

Last edited by Stephen_Doonan (05-05-2016 21:00)
--

Stephen_Doonan wrote:
honjr wrote:

Shortly I will be posting another short composition that is influenced by DeBussy (although I've never done more than sight read a couple of his pieces years ago, they left an "impression" - a term he hated when applied to his own music, apparently). Enjoy!

I look forward to that. Even as I'm trying to think of additional material for the sketch "Dark Matter," I have begun to work on a second piece, "Dark Energy," of what I hope will be a suite of 3 short pieces:  "Subatomic Suite,"  including "Dark Matter," "Dark Energy" and "Quarks" (or "Subatomic Transients").

I like many of Debussy's compositions, although I find myself drawn more to his 13-year younger contemporary Ravel for impressionistic work, for perhaps purely personal and subjective reasons. I also love French impressionist visual art. It is hard to imagine how dull and weighty life would be without creative art, and it is a wonder that such art is not as well-supported as it should be. Even a modest, average businessman is often rewarded more than a great (although possibly relatively obscure) artist.

Yes, my gods are actually Mozart and Bach but DeBussy was one of the most creative musicians (as well as my mother's favorite). I don't even know if my piece even sounds like DeBussy (my wife has not said it does not) but my feeling is that it was inspired somewhat by his music. Funny your nomenclature is from physics - I was in a doctoral program in elementary particle physics but decided the risk (the risk of not making a meaningful discovery) was not worth it. Based on the lack of recent progress in physics, I think I made the right decision! But I still love physics - it's just that music has more human dimensions for me and is an earlier interest.