Topic: Upgraded to Pro but Standard still launches

Downloaded alleged Pro Version, but the file name and file size is the same as Standard, and it launches as Standard.  My Pro user code is successfully registered.  I'm launching it from the newly created folder which is just a duplicate of the original.

Last edited by GRB (30-11-2015 18:23)
Pianoteq Pro 7.x - Kubuntu Linux 19.10 - Plasma Desktop - Hamburg Steinway

Re: Upgraded to Pro but Standard still launches

When I upgraded from Stage to Standard it was a whole new program (all new files not just new license code). Move your Standard version somewhere out of the way and install Pro as if it was a brand new program. Contact support if you still have issues. They'll sort you out.

3/2 = 5

The interface are the same, just "Pianoteq 5 Pro" and a button "Note Edit" at the left button "Option" are different.

Tried again same thing:  Just Launches Std version  This is the second time there has been a huge hassle related to upgrading the software.  I love Pianoteq but absolutely detest the upgrade procedure it wastes huge amounts of time trying again and again with no positive results.

Last edited by GRB (30-11-2015 22:21)

Should've uninstalled Standard first.

Hard work and guts!

EvilDragon wrote:

Should've uninstalled Standard first.

The Linux version doesn't actually install.  It just runs from a folder.  In the past, I've just unzipped the file and then clicked on the executable.  My Standard Version allegedly is no longer licensed, but that's the only thing that launches.  A new download is the same as the previous.  I did change the name of the Standard version folder.  This is very un_Linux like and very much resembles Windows.  The good news is Standard still works.  The bad news is I paid $130.00 for nothing different so far.

Last edited by GRB (30-11-2015 22:34)

Hello, perhaps you must go to : option/about/update license

^^^ Good call, that might help.

If that doesn't fly, then just contact Modartt support directly. Not via forum.

Last edited by EvilDragon (01-12-2015 10:45)
Hard work and guts!

Lylo wrote:

Hello, perhaps you must go to : option/about/update license

That was it.  Thanks very much!