Topic: No sound from Pianoteq after formatting computer

I have just spent three frustrating days trying to get sound on pianoteq5 after cleaning up my computer.
I set up Pianoteq 5 along with ASIO4ALL and all I got was simulating keyboard movement  between keyboard and pianoteq keyboard. No sound.
Eventually this stopped as well. I had sound from PC to the speakers, and so I knew that they were OK.
In desperation, I tried installing MIDI to USB driver, which didn't work. As I hadn't had to do this before, it didn't surprise me.
I then tried software which was supposed to give indication of MIDI cable working, which I could not understand.
Finally I came across "FL Studio Guru, for ASIO4ALL" on you tube directing to ASIO4ALL's WDM device list.
I had initially only clicked on the sound device, but after clicking on and opening all items, I was finally able to get sound. I still don't now what I did, but it worked.
I have seen earlier posts regarding this problem, without resolution and so I hope this will help

Last edited by jimdene2 (27-08-2015 04:37)

Re: No sound from Pianoteq after formatting computer

Hello Jim,

I am glad you had gotten the sound to resume in your system.

In the event that Pianoteq stops being heard through your system, you need to ascertain that both of the following conditions are being met:

1) ... that Pianoteq is receiving input signal from your keyboard.  Restated, if you play your keyboard, but do not see Pianoteq's virtual keyboard moving in sync with your fingers, then you know the problem is upstream of Pianoteq.

2)  ... if Pianoteq does receive midi input, then your problem involves getting sound out of the program and out of your computer.  Try playing a known midi file through Pianoteq, and verify that the program's virtual keys are being depressed.  The next step, assuming Pianoteq's virtual keyboard is functioning, is to isolate the source cause of no audio output signal.

I can be no more specific than these two paths of troubleshooting, but they will go a long way to isolate the source cause of a silent program.

Cheers,

Joe

if Pianoteq does receive midi input, then your problem involves getting sound out of the program and out of your computer.  Try playing a known midi file through Pianoteq, and verify that the program's virtual keys are being depressed.  The next step, assuming Pianoteq's virtual keyboard is functioning, is to isolate the source cause of no audio output signal.
Thanks for the reply Joe.
How would I play a known MIDI file through Pianoteq, I am a novice and only familiar with playing the keyboard
Jim

To get Pianoteq to play a regular midi file:

Drag a standard midi file (whose file name ends in .mid) onto the top of the Pianoteq main window (where you see the usual "tape recorder" controls and the schematic of the existing midi file, then click the Play button.

Cheers,

Joe

Many thanks Joe, I will try that and thanks again for your reply