Topic: File types in Files area--Add extensions for VST host presets, please?

I tried to upload a Cantabile 4-way split preset for Pianoteq today and found that the Files upload area wouldn't accept files with its extension (*.cantabile). I assume that only midi or mp3 files are allowed, naturally to prevent us from loading up huge wave or movie files.

But it would be great to be able to upload\share presets (Cantabile calls them Session files), since (1) establishing keyboard splits can be a little tricky the first time in the various VST  hosts, and can dissuade new users from wading through the set-up and (2) we could share more elaborate, or more fully developed, presets this way--instruments that use more than one instance of PianoTeq.

The Cantabile preset I wanted to upload was 360 kilobytes, well under the 10 meg limit. The stored code for each instance of Pianoteq is about 91 kilobytes, so it's conceivable that we might try to load up too big a file, if someone did many, many splits, but the file size limitation could still stay in effect.

Re: File types in Files area--Add extensions for VST host presets, please?

Hi Jake,

I added .cantabile format to the file section so please go ahead uploading.

Best regards,
Niclas

Re: File types in Files area--Add extensions for VST host presets, please?

Many, many thanks. I uploaded a 4-way split for Cantabile lite ("Ambient 4 Way Split.cantabile"). This method of loading separate instances is of course a little too cumbersome, compared to what's planned. Makes me want the pro version even more. But it at least lets us see what we may be able to do in the future.

Last edited by Jake Johnson (19-12-2007 06:55)