Topic: Pianoteq Video Contest 2014 - The winning entries

https://www.pianoteq.com/images/contest-winners-2014.jpg

Hi everyone,

Thank you all of you who participated in the Pianoteq video contest 2014!  Lots of impressing videos... and a tough competition... This year, instead of letting Modartt decide the winners, we let everyone vote for their top 3 entries.

The winning entries:

1.    Fantaisie Impromptu
       by Gabriel Iwasaki
       178 votes
       400 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtslXIADufM

2.    Etude for One Hand or Two
       by Nathan Shirley
       75 votes
       300 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-vPcgylOGo

3.    Beauty and the Beast
       by Roger Cheng
       63 votes       
       200 € value coupon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1YUE0nrY7Q

The complete result is available here.

Value coupons of 20 € will be sent to the following contestants:
Klaviernatum, benlewispiano, Lylo, AKM, Thomas, Radek, Thom380, detomastah, mwinthrop, paolopiano, 12wt67, Chopin87, SteveKK, marceloaulas, daniel-carlow, musichoo, Pianoteqenthusiast, creart, notsoneat, keymanpal, Kramster, berghs.kedjan, Ovnis31, grobaesthet, Fred, chrishaught, Blank Reg.

Thank you all!

Re: Pianoteq Video Contest 2014 - The winning entries

Hi

Congratulations to the winners and all participants! Good job everyone. I am glad I had enough courage to be part of this. Pianoteq is awesome, amazing, cool, incredible – can not find enough words in english. - And, a big Thank you, Niclas, and everyone at Modartt, for this competition. I am so glad I have Pianoteq (and getting quick help when needed). And thanks for 20€! Now I can buy U4. Looking forward to next year again.

Regards
Pianoteqenthusiast

Thank you Pianoteq for the opportunity to participate in this awesome competition!  I feel privileged to be part of the competition and congratulations to all winners and participants!

With Pianoteq version 5, even more than version 4.5, I am able to be totally absorbed into the music.  Pianoteq 5 (with Yamaha GT2 as a midi controller) remains my favourite piano, to the point that we just sold our upright acoustic piano this past weekend.

I hope more and more people discover Pianoteq!

God bless,

Roger

Congrats to all the winners and a big shout out to all who voted for me and even who just watched my video.  I don't know why making a video two days after major surgery sounded like a good idea, but that's the way it went down.  I can't even blame a lack of planning.

Thanks to Pianoteq for the great software!

Congratulations to the winners (I am glad to see one of my votes was not wasted ) and big thanks to Modart for Pianoteq 5 and this contest!

Massive thanks again!

"And live to be the show and gaze o' the time."  (William Shakespeare)

May I have the number of votes for my video please ?
It's just for curiosity, thanks.

Last edited by Lylo (17-11-2014 22:57)

Congratulations to the winners, and to all those that participated - a great selection of music this year!

My mind says Kawai, but my heart says Nord.

Lylo wrote:

May I have the number of votes for my video please ?
It's just for curiosity, thanks.

You can find the complete results here.

Thanks Niclas, I saw the page today.

Based in the 911 conspiracy theories, I would say the winner vídeo it's a made up, a conspiracy, and the sound we hear was not pianoteq but recorded from a real Steinway acoustic grand piano.
The sound it's too good to be true, to be a modeled synthetization.

Now Modartt will have to debunk this theory.

PunBB bbcode test

Just kiddng...

Last edited by Beto-Music (18-11-2014 14:05)

Congrats to the winners!! Good job!

Any chance getting coupons soon, can we know the date?

Last edited by AKM (19-11-2014 14:12)

AKM wrote:

Any chance getting coupons soon, can we know the date?

They will be sent out some time today.

Niclas Fogwall wrote:

They will be sent out some time today.

Thank you.

Back when I first got Pianoteq and recorded my Etude for this competition, I also recorded another piece the same night. I wasn't sure which one to submit, as they are quite different.

If you are interested, here is one of my "Images" for piano, no.9 of 10. Of course Pianoteq has since improved the "Steinway D" a bit.

http://youtu.be/q62Zcd8F0u0

In your youtube channel, you have some harpsichord vídeos, and played well.

What about create some vídeo using pianoteq harpsichords?

NathanShirley wrote:

Back when I first got Pianoteq and recorded my Etude for this competition, I also recorded another piece the same night. I wasn't sure which one to submit, as they are quite different.

If you are interested, here is one of my "Images" for piano, no.9 of 10. Of course Pianoteq has since improved the "Steinway D" a bit.

http://youtu.be/q62Zcd8F0u0

Thanks. Those harpsichord recordings were little improvisations to try out the instruments. I have been impressed with Pianoteq's harpsichords... and they stay in tune amazingly well. Perhaps I'll write some dedicated harpsichord music and record it on both Pianoteq and a nice real instrument as a comparison.

That's a great idea.

NathanShirley wrote:

Thanks. Those harpsichord recordings were little improvisations to try out the instruments. I have been impressed with Pianoteq's harpsichords... and they stay in tune amazingly well. Perhaps I'll write some dedicated harpsichord music and record it on both Pianoteq and a nice real instrument as a comparison.