Topic: Selecting presets using keyboard shortcuts

Is there any way to assign and select presets using computer keyboard shortcuts so they can quickly be accessed via keystrokes?

Re: Selecting presets using keyboard shortcuts

Only previous/next preset and previous/next instrument. For more detailed selection of presets that you want, it is generally adviseable to use MIDI Program Change messages.

Hard work and guts!

Tiger22 wrote:

Is there any way to assign and select presets using computer keyboard shortcuts so they can quickly be accessed via keystrokes?

The 'n' and 'p' keys give you access to the next or preceding preset of an instrument, ctrl-n (or command-n on Mac) and ctrl-p scan through the instrument list. By restricting in the preset manager the instruments and banks you want, you can easily loop through those choices with these keystrokes.

EDIT: Ah...another simultaneous answer

Last edited by Gilles (25-05-2014 14:49)

Tiger22 wrote:

You may also use "С" to switch between two (A and B) presets.

Pianoteq 6 Pro (D4, K2, Blüthner, Model B, Grotrian, Ant.Petrof)
Studiologic SL88Grand, Steinberg UR22mkII

Thank you everyone for your answers. The reason for my question was because I was thinking about building a small physical switch box to allow for quick changes to various presets for my wife.

I am new to Pianoteq and digital pianos in general. My wife and I have recently purchased a Clavinova CLP-470. I have found that using Pianoteq is much better than the samples on the CLP470 even when routing the Pianoteq sounds back into the Clavinova's speakers. My wife prefers the simple all-in-one solution of the CLP470 and just wants to press buttons on the Clavinova to get different sounds. She certainly doesn't want to be to be bothering with the computer and the switching back and forth of cables and local-control settings on the Clavinova after I've been using it to get back to the Clavinova's simple push button selections of piano sounds.

To this end I was thinking of making a separate controller box with a number of buttons which would select various presets within Pianoteq. Using a keyboard controller would have been easy as each button would have sent a keyboard keypress event to the computer which could have been interpreted by Pianoteq thereby changing to the correct preset. This is not possible it seems. I wonder if a simple MIDI controller board exists which can be connected to physical switches and be easily programmed which does the same thing. Has anyone attempted such a project?

There are lots of MIDI controllers that can be programmed to send Program Change data.

Hard work and guts!

Can you help me with program changes? I am sending program change message to pianoteq from notation software but nothing happens. I want to change presets with them.

n