Topic: Critiques please of two mp3's in the Files area of the forum

I uploaded two brief mp3's that use the Bechstein sweet 2 preset.  Need some suggestions.

One worry I have is over just the volume. Seems a little low on my system, but I don't have a powerful amp and flat response monitors.  Is the output a little low? The more general question is just over the sound in general. (Not the playing, please. The weaknesses there are self-evident enough...)

Obviously, the bass is not very responsive. Any ideas for getting a better bass response without using more than one instance of Pianoteq or wrecking the midrange & treble? (The lower bass, which I avoid in these two mp3's is much, much worse in the fxps. Completely unusable. Would be great to find a way to get it acceptable using just one instance.)

Re: Critiques please of two mp3's in the Files area of the forum

Hey Jake

well the output doesn't sound like too much of a problem - you could try to either turn up the volume  or lower the dynamics a bit although that obviously changes responisiveness some....
bass - yes that is an overall problem - but I find that in all sounds really... and I don't get it right by just changing the eq yet - it may be a very delicate balance to get it right... but i don't seem that balanced myself right now to get that