Topic: Instruction - Please read this first
Dear Pianoteq user,
We are going to implement a knowledge base of velocity curves of specific keyboards. Here we would appreciate your help: share your optimal velocity curve of your own keyboard.
How to set and report the velocity curve:
1) In Pianoteq 4.0 (or higher), load a D4 instrument. [In Pianoteq 3.6.8: load C3] /edited
2) Set minimum and maximum values: Play very silent, weakest pianissimo possible. At the same time, study the velocity response in the velocity curve by observing the green vertical lines. When you have found the most silent point where there is a response, move the left point to that value. Do the same but the opposite, play as loud as you can by banging on the keys, to find the loudest point, and move the right point to that value.
3) Check the response of your keyboard. See a few examples here. Exactly how to set the velocity curve is up to you. Play a few different piano works to test and set a curve that you feel gives the best possible response for your keyboard.
4) Right click on your velocity curve and select copy.
5) Find a topic concerning your own keyboard brand and model or create a new one (if you cannot find any) and name it in the following way: Brand, Model, Number, e.g. "Casio Privia PX-800" or "Yamaha Clavinova CLP-S308". We only allow one topic per keyboard model.
6) Create a post in the topic (or click on reply) and paste the result in the dedicated topic for your specific keyboard model. Feel free to add comments.
We appreciate your participation. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to post here in this thread. Please note that this specific forum section is created only with the purpose to report velocity curve results and related comments.